• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you guys stick to a meal plan or eat whenever/whatever you want?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Do you guys stick to a meal plan or eat whenever/whatever you want?

if you follow a meal plan , what is an example of your meal plan

Try to for the most part... have yet to successfully beat my taste buds into submission.

Pretty 'strict' during the week... Weekends on at least one day I've got to gets me my Chinese :eek:

Generally within macros during the week as food is pre-planned.

Eat the same each day (roughly), monitor the scales and how I look in the mirror. I slowly add things to my portions as my weight gain stalls, e.g. rice to my afternoon tin of tuna.

When I'm dieting I have some set foods then some calories for "whatever"
Not really dieting, so not to concerned, though I pack my lunch, so it's usually the same things each day, and I just vary dinner

I just eat as much of whatever I can cram into my mouth daily as I find it a challenge to put on weight. If I don't eat like its going out of fashion my weight plummets. The only thing I generally try to minimise is sugar and salt.

when in serious mode, try to have around 20-30 grams of protein every 3-4 hours, with around 40gms for a couple of main meals.

When I am dieting, it appears that protein is even more important, going on strength levels.

I'll just add that eating "whatever" and eating "whatever to hit macro targets" are 2 completely different things and that's where people get confused and say IIFYM doesn't work...

All diets where macros are tracked, clean, paleo, keto, they are all IIFYM as its really just tracking macros. Flexible dieting is a little different but the right balance and healthy(for lack of better word) body composition is really what's gona lead to good health.

Usually eat "clean" throughout the day and track everything on my fitness pal, but if I've got some calories to spare at the end of the day I'll happily have a big bowl of ice cream etc.

I just eat as much of whatever I can cram into my mouth daily as I find it a challenge to put on weight. If I don't eat like its going out of fashion my weight plummets. The only thing I generally try to minimise is sugar and salt.

I want your metabolism, I'd blow up like toad if I did that, be rollyn 4 chins within 3 weeks.
Low clean carb intake, with plenty protein is a must for me.

4-5 meals a day + 1-2 meal replacements.

Each meal 40-50 grams of protein, carbs and fats are balanced out to hit rough macro targets or hunger. If im hungry ill eat more, simple as that. Im not cutting so its really loose.

All meals are based on whole foods as much as possible.

Hitting about 250-300g of Protein, 300-400g of carbs and 110 grams of fat on most days.

If I dont have a plan its too easy to not eat.

track macros, get enough micros and fibre. Plenty of flexibility.

Meal plans are a good idea for people with less nutritional knowledge IMO.

4-5 meals a day + 1-2 meal replacements.

Each meal 40-50 grams of protein, carbs and fats are balanced out to hit rough macro targets or hunger. If im hungry ill eat more, simple as that. Im not cutting so its really loose.

All meals are based on whole foods as much as possible.

Hitting about 250-300g of Protein, 300-400g of carbs and 110 grams of fat on most days.

If I dont have a plan its too easy to not eat.

A believer in the 'cant process over X protein per meal', or just spacing it out so you dont have to eat more protein per meal than you want to?

I want your metabolism, I'd blow up like toad if I did that, be rollyn 4 chins within 3 weeks.
Low clean carb intake, with plenty protein is a must for me.

This!

I've been on the see food diet (if I see food I eat it) and ended up at 150kgs :D

I'm fairly loose with tracking these days but sticking to general principals of high protein, moderate carbs and moderate fats, increased calories on training days and less when not.

One of my main goals currently is to not eat when bored or when hungry, doing alright so far!

I eat 8 meals a day to prevent going catabolic

I also stop eating carbs or fruit after 4pm

All my meals are chicken and broccoli

I have an allowed foods list and add my food into MFP as I eat it. I allocate calories to meals depending on where my training is in the day.

Last edited:
A believer in the 'cant process over X protein per meal', or just spacing it out so you dont have to eat more protein per meal than you want to?

Oh hell no, the belief that the human body can only absorb 30 grams at a time is hillarious.

Its just the easiest way of spacing out my meals and how I've conditioned my eating over the years.

If I miss a meal ill just double it up or spread it out over the rest of my meals.