• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Will be trying both methods in about an hours time.

But just thinking out loud, I would think lying across the bench with an arch would make you more inclind to incorperate your lats, legs and core?

Kai in his video made a point that you should be flat along the bench and not lifting your core or be swinging your shoulders/back into the motion.

Kai makes sense.

But either way (under heavy load)there is going to be flexion, which is a good thing (for the spine)as there is no direct loading on the spine in the fully stretched position of the rep.

Pretty sure [MENTION=5396]Player[/MENTION]; was trolling when started this thread, none the less good topic.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION]; The hammer is really a different exercise because the hip is in he fixed position, I like to lowerer it below bench height for dat dere exaggerated stretch. make sense?

Would love to try the hammer version though. Dorian Yates loved it too.

srs thread is srs.

I do these with a dumbbell because the barbell version seems really awkward.

Arnold States in his bb encyclopedia that he believes they can expand an adults ribcage.
What the great man says, goes. It's a mortal sin to second guess the great Man. Shame on you non believers, you'll burn in the far depths of hell for your sin.

Arnold States in his bb encyclopedia that he believes they can expand an adults ribcage.
What the great man says, goes. It's a mortal sin to second guess the great Man. Shame on you non believers, you'll burn in the far depths of hell for your sin.

He also said the pump was like coming.
I think Arnold told some porkies.

A lot of old time bodybuilders would do the pullover in conjunction with the squat to get as much air into the lungs and along with the extreme stretch from the pullovers, the idea was that it would expand the rib cage.

Whether you can actually expand an adult ribcage noticeably is debateable and I myself am sceptical.
Having said that, I think the pullover is a great exercise and I use them regularly in my workout however, I feel that it's more of a lat exercise rather than chest since you're bringing your arms from over your head down towards and into your body, very similar to a straight arm lat pull down.

There's a YouTube vid of Kai Greene(? big black guy with a ponytail) teaching a young fella how to contract the pecs during a pullover
/closet bodybuilder comment

Used to do them, can't remember why I stopped. When I first started training a friend told me elbows bent does the chest, elbows locked straight does the lats ?

Dumbell pullover is primarily a lat movement so why does no-one do them on a decline bench? It makes sense to me. It matches the resistance to the target much better than a flat bench.

Dumbell pullover is primarily a lat movement so why does no-one do them on a decline bench? It makes sense to me. It matches the resistance to the target much better than a flat bench.

The resistance is greatest in the stretch position.

I reckon the resistance should be greatest in the contracted posisition.

Have said that, using cables might be a more effective and efficiant a method of hitting the old back muscles?

But for lats and just overall back, chin-ups and rows are trick.

Chest supported rows should be done with a wide handle, not those stupid little "v" shaped things.

:)
Paul-Winter-Monsieur-Univers.jpg