• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best mass-builder for Calves

Best mass-builder for Calves

• Standing Calf Raises

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Standing One-dumbbell Calf Raises

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Seated Calf Raises

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Leg Press Calf Raises

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Hack Squat Calf Raises

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey calf Raises

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
The calf press for sure.
I don't think my calves have a lot of blood flow so I generally get as big of a pump as possible. That and my shrugs have improved them the most

I usually do Leg Press Calf Press but have recently also started seated calf raises and find the calves get a good workout using these, i find the key is get the full ROM and really squeeze or flex the calf at the top of the movement.

Choosing your parents wisely.

Yep. My son is 1.5yo and people comment on his muscly calves lol.

I don't do any calf exercises but a wise man once told me that maximum 30 sec rest between sets is the only way to deplete the calf juices enough to trigger growth

being a massive 160kg for a few years has given me pretty good calves now that I've slimmed down. I just make sure I train them twice a week like any other body part

None of the above.

Years of running sprints, kick boxing, skipping and Thai Boxing, never trained calfs in my life until recently when I picked up a seated calf raise for $50 on eBay and my calf were pretty solid and more than reasonably sized prior to buying above mentioned machine:)

None of the above.

Years of running sprints, kick boxing, skipping and Thai Boxing, never trained calfs in my life until recently when I picked up a seated calf raise for $50 on eBay and my calf were pretty solid and more than reasonably sized prior to buying above mentioned machine:)

That's contradictory. If it took years of running etc maybe doing direct calf work may not have taken years.