• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulk Nutrients Samples review

Oversizedspoon

Hi Guys,

Found out about bulk nutrients through this site and ordered some samples and figured that I should give a review.

I tested out the new Pina Colda and Choc Mint WPC. Both flavours where tested in milk and water.
I mixed 15g of protein to 125ml of water / milk.

PINA COLADA:

Man, the smell of coconut when opening the packet for this one was intense. It was a bit of an artificial coconut smell, but not bad.

Mixiblity 10/10. I had no issues mixing this in either water or milk. Mixed well, no lumps and nothing left over on the bottom.

Taste water 5/10. The flavour while drinking was nice but I find the after taste sickly sweet. I consider myself having a sweet tooth but this was a bit much for me, it was enough that I couldn't really enjoy it.

Taste milk 6/10. I rate this one a little higher because the biggest draw back of being sickly sweet was gone, however I found that the flavour wasn't quite strong enough to cover the taste of the milk, I would say that the milk mostly what I could taste.

It was a good consistency and nice to drink, but the sweet finish was too much for my palate.

CHOC MINT

The Choc Mint, had a great smell of mint, when I opened the pack I could wait to taste it. Also I love mint.

Mixiblity 10/10. I had no issues mixing this in either water or milk. Mixed well, no lumps and nothing left over on the bottom.

Water 7/10. I was a little disappointed with the water test, there was a great finish of mint and I found that it left the mouth feel fresh. I found the let down with the lack of chocolate. A little more chocolate flavour and it would have been golden. It was pleasant, just a little bland to start, but finished well.

Milk 10/10. Compared to the water mix this is like drinking an entirely different product. So smooth and a little thick when drinking, the chocolate flavour really stands and nicely finishes with the mint after taste I found with the water mix. If using as a night time protein the would be an awesome replacement for a hot chocolate.

I was a little disappointed with the water mix, I could drink it daily, just not enjoy that much. With milk I was blown away and it's enough to consider buying a big bag for a night time drink or just during winter when I have a hot chocolate craving.

Good one. The bit about the pina colada piqued my interest, and confirms my suspicions that it would be comparatively weak in flavour.

Great reviews, thank you Oversizedspoon.

I'm finding I'm getting a 100% success rate in our live taste testing with people coming up to my stands for the NSW shows with three decently sized scoops of the Pina Colada into our shakers and then topping the shaker up with water at the bar (there's always a bar next to our stand at any bodybuilding show we attend).

The instructions given to me were to do two scoops and fill the rest of the 600ml shaker with water but I found this to be a bit weak.

Always remember, for the most part, you are in control of weakness and sweetness when it comes to taste by somewhat adding more or less water/milk to your drink.

For example, when I'm having any of our flavours in my shaker, the amount of water I add to my 30 gram serve is a quick open and shut of the kitchen tap. Wouldn't be more than 100mls I'd say. I find this perfect for my tastbuds.

By the way, if our Choc Mint ever changes ratio of choc to mint, I'm leaving the company! :p
I'm a Choc Mint fan and I hate it when I am left searching for my mint hit. An example of this is Lindt Choc Mint dark chocolate block. You really got to have a few squares for your (my!) tast buds to finally get a hit of mint.

Choc mint Aero on the other hand I would say is about on par in ratio with our Choc Mint. A proper mint hit with Chocolate complimenting it.

My opinion means nothing in all of this as this is only my taste buds doing the talking here.

We're grateful for this review. Thank you.

Ok got my Choc Mint and C&C yesterday.
I tried 30gms of each in water.

Chic Mint is strong but tasty. I like very much. I used 300ml water. I don't like really strong flavours.
7.5 / 10

Cookies & Cream smelt like C & C but tasted as [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; said kinda like vanilla Not as strong as Choc Mint so used 250ml water.
7 /10

I'm a big fan of Choc Mint, it goes well in water or milk.

Cookies and cream is good with milk, but I don't like it with water.

For example, when I'm having any of our flavours in my shaker, the amount of water I add to my 30 gram serve is a quick open and shut of the kitchen tap. Wouldn't be more than 100mls I'd say.

This might explain why I can not taste it with 250ml of water/milk to my 30 grams of protein powder:rolleyes:

I generally mix it as directed, may be I need to add 100ml of milk/water to recommended serving size to get the taste.

Mick and Oversized,

I personally hate directions given to how much liquid one should take with powder.
Really, it shouldn't matter.

Think about it. This is how I explain it to customers in emails - the liquid is simply a transport for the powder to enter the stomach as we can't just place dry powder in our mouths and eat/swallow it. The liquid gets the powder down the throat.

Now whether you mix 1 cup of water with 30 grams or 1 litre of water with 30 grams or even 100mls of water with 30 grams, your stomach is still going to receive it as 30 grams of WPI/WPC.

The amount of liquid mixed with a powder should be totally up to the individual to decide for their own tastebuds.
Especially with water, I find that you don't need much at all as it very quickly takes away from the taste. I don't even measure anymore, I do this visually.

I open my tap of water and as soon as there is even slightly enough there for the powder to turn into a thick mud-like consistency (enough for it to slide down the throat anyway), I stop running the tap.

With milk, it's a bit different as you don't really lose flavour with this and it's quite a lot more thicker than water so you will need much more.

I call bullshit on not being able to just eat it. I have eaten creatine before

Unsure if there is any sarcasm in this, but I'll reply seriously.

You could sit there and slowly make your way through spooning 30 grams of dry powder into your mouth and swallowing. Or by the end of it all, realising that this all could have been finished 10 minutes ago if some liquid was placed with your serving of powder and it had just slid down the throat as a drink.

Mick and Oversized,

I personally hate directions given to how much liquid one should take with powder.
Really, it shouldn't matter.

I understand that the amount of liquid doesn't matter in terms of the effectiveness of the product. I normally go by the amount of liquid for taste.

My figuring is that if a company says 200 ml of water / milk, then that's what they have tested out for the flavour to taste best (on average) and also where there shouldn't be any problems with mixing.

Mate, if you ever have put that stuff in your mouth, you are a brave soldier. I put a teaspoon in my mouth once because I was lazy...never again

Why what is wrong with it??

Have been doing it for years, never even considered that there was a different option to take it when I first bought it, and still do it every day, twice a day, 5 gram am and 5 gram pm. Real creatine has no taste and easily swallows.

Was amazed to read here that people attempt to dissolve it in water and stuff:confused:

Why what is wrong with it??

Have been doing it for years, never even considered that there was a different option to take it when I first bought it, and still do it every day, twice a day, 5 gram am and 5 gram pm. Real creatine has no taste and easily swallows.

Was amazed to read here that people attempt to dissolve it in water and stuff:confused:

Found it felt like I was putting a teaspoon of sand in my mouth. Taste wasn't the issue