• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best Mass-Builder For CHEST?

Which Made the Biggest Difference?

• Flat Presses (barbell / dumbbell)

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Incline Presses (barbell / dumbbell)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Decline Presses (barbell / dumbbell)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cable Exercises (flyes, crossovers, etc.)

• Dips

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Crossbench Dumbbell Pullovers

• Dumbbell Flyes

• Something not listed here

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
I know what it's called. You didn't answer my question though.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto

Forgedaboutit.

But as far as increasing the "chest" as opposed to increasing the mass of your "pecs".

I believe the combination of all upper torso exercises are the key.

With special mention to the dip, not only works the pecs but, the whole rib box.

I also believe there is a lot of truth to Peary Raders "breathing squat" routine incorporating the pullover, this routine will increase rib box size in the younger trainee.

Will pullovers realistically shorten the ROM on my bench press?

Barbell behind-the-neck
presses 3 x 8
Barbell squats 3 x 20
Barbell pullovers 3 x 20
Bench presses 3 x 8
Barbell curls 3 x 8

This program Is as old as dirt.

The deep breathing squatting, combined with pullovers supposedly encourages rib cage expansion, leading to increased chest size.
I think this has a lot to do with age being the younger you are, the more pliable your rib cage is and the more you should be able to expand it.

The claim is, adding 13kg after the program, but I reckon that would been mostly fat as the requirement was a large intake of full fat milk.

No, no extra weight.

Buy a dip belt.

Add 10kg's, go to failure.

If you get to 12 reps, add 5kg

And repeat, your target is 12 rep's

When you reach your target and you own that target, add 2.5kg

And try to do 12.

When you get to 12 rep's and own it, add another 2.5kg

And so-on.

Should add, not sure how to safely place extra weight on your back for pushups and couldnt be bothered fkng about hanging plates off the belt for dips.
Always amde more sense to add plates to the bar.

Should add, not sure how to safely place extra weight on your back for pushups and couldnt be bothered fkng about hanging plates off the belt for dips.
Always amde more sense to add plates to the bar.

Well, that's the reason you get nothing from dips you goose.

See, I dont get this, I could do dips and push ups till the cows come home, get a pump form it, but that's it.

They are staples in my routine, adding weight when needed. its challenging to get weight on your back for push-ups but can be done if you cant grab a fellow gym goer.

They are staples in my routine, adding weight when needed. its challenging to get weight on your back for push-ups but can be done if you cant grab a fellow gym goer.

the trouble with my fellow gym goers is they fart their arses off, bit risky having one of them sitting on your back. :D