• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New tablet

There are two MS Surface machines. Pro and RT.

RT runs on a different processor and will not run windows 8 software. Its like an IPad on steroids. It comes preloaded with a Word, Excel, etc. It's not quite the same as the W8 version but unless you're doing high end things like visual basic in excel its not going to make a difference. Battery life is good. Apps, Meh

Surface Pro is a laptop competitor. It has half the battery life of RT but can run all your W8 software.

bazza
For windows tablets , few options
1. tablet only
1.1 touchscreen or keyboard
1.2 touchscreen ,keyboard and pen input
microsoft surface , acer, lenovo , samsung, asus, hp ,dell etc

2. convertible - like a normal latop but can be folded and screen works as a tablet
dell, fujitsu, acer ,lenovo , asus etc
eg lenovo twist ,ASUS TAICHI

plain no frills laptop is going to be cheaper than a tablet by at least $500 -1000

Tablet with pen is great (I used an older fujitsu model st5011 from 2004 - 2010)
but more expensive

Tablet with touchscreen is a bit cheaper(should be)

New model surface pro is announced but not out yet. avoid surface and surface rt as they won't run standard windows programs. Only surface pro can.

Can get reasonable laptops from $500
can get cheaper but you'll need to upgrade the ram
eg http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/notebook.pdf
(note they are really annoying to deal with on warranty stuff)

Look for an i5 and at least 4GB ram, 8GB if you can fit it in your budget
an extra 4GB sodimm is approx $40-55 .
I3's are okay but can be a bit weak if you need a bit of processing power.

I'd like to get a surface pro 2 when they are available. tablet with pen input and onenote is awesome for note taking/meetings , quick diagrams, sketches etc
Also easier to use than a touchscreen when not sitting down

Thanks guys. Probably just gonna get a cheap laptop because that's all I need and don't have to worry about compatibility shit with various tablets. Macs can go get fucked, those expensive piece of shit kids toys.

Thanks guys. Probably just gonna get a cheap laptop because that's all I need and don't have to worry about compatibility shit with various tablets. Macs can go get fucked, those expensive piece of shit kids toys.

Do you need a laptop?
Would a PC be more economical?

Yes a laptop is a pc.

He probably meant a desktop but probably not a great idea if you want portability.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD

Unless you have specific software requirements, I can recommend the android nexus tablets. Google drive/docs can handle all of the normal document formats and make them available to all of your devices via the cloud.

Cheaper than the Apple equivalents too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk