• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'd have to say that the lower back is the weakest link

Definitely for me.
Started Front Squats this week so I'll see if it's of any benefit for me personally.

I reckon my knee is going to fuck out first but we'll see.

Asking equally dumb question here; do you squat?

If so, what is your experience on the final 3 reps of a set?

I do squat, its the 2nd question I need to think about.

I've really only done LB, rip style, and (I think I know where this is going) the last 3 can turn into GM's especially in the heavier ~ 80/85% range. Also I'm thinking the same when I've run volume, 10+ reps in the 50-70% range same thing.

So, if I'm getting this, logically the lwr back isn't holding its end up, as it were.

I've really only done LB, rip style, and (I think I know where this is going) the last 3 can turn into GM's especially in the heavier ~ 80/85% range. Also I'm thinking the same when I've run volume, 10+ reps in the 50-70% range same thing.

So, if I'm getting this, logically the lwr back isn't holding its end up, as it were.

Correct.
to give a visual;
The muscles supporting the spine would best be described as how powerlines connect from one pole to the next.

Once the spine starts flexing and bending, those interconnecting muscles start doing mechanical work rather than stabilizing work, once this happens they fatigue really quickly, towards the end of a set these erector muscles are unable to effectively keep the spine in it natural curvature.

silverback, that is exactly what happens to me.

I have to go a lot lighter to do sets of squats without using my lower back. I would estimate 10%.

I'd have a room with projectors on all 4 walls just playing that... And lino on the floor, maybe tiles if bunnings has a special.

If your low back starts to round, then it is likely your spinal erectors.

If you are simply "falling" forwards/losing back angle this is likely a form issue.

If my back didn't round on the 8th rep of a hard set, then i am not working hard enough.

Doesn't mean there is a lower back weakness.

I used to do good morning's out of the hole on very heavy weights or for the last few reps of a set. I just had shitty form all over but I think my legs were weaker in comparison to my lower back which was a big factor.

See this video for more-
Squat Rx #2 - YouTube

If my back didn't round on the 8th rep of a hard set, then i am not working hard enough.

Doesn't mean there is a lower back weakness.

I think that's a big "If" for me specifically. I have a lower back issue, not serious buy annoying. Thats not to say HB will solve all my problems, it wont, as will not doing LB solve anything.

Apologies if you got busted with your tits out... :)