• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
1. What's your favorite recipe
2. thick or thin base?
3. Do you notice the difference between;

A. cooked in a coventional oven
B. wood fired
C. one of those conveyer type ovens

I love pizza as much as I love ice cream.

I love pizza too same with ice cream.

2. thick or thin base? I prefer both, still a pizza and delicious.

A. cooked in a coventional oven>> THIS !

Pizza is one of the best foods ever, lasagne is up there too and yes ice-cream tops the list also.

Homemade pizza is the best, I make the dough (Jamie Oliver recipe) and the tomato sauce myself, thin and crispy or classic style. Can't say I prefer one topping over the other, depends on the mood, sometimes something simple as ham/pepperoni and cheese is good, other times the works. Until about a year or so ago I'd just cook in the oven with a pizza stone, this works well enough and you get good results.
Now I use a pizza oven that sits on top of a three or more burner bbq, quite cheep from Bunnings and a great alternative to a big stand alone pizza oven. It works really well and brings out the flavours better than the oven, cooks much quicker and the base is always crispy how I like it.
Will eventually get a stand alone job as we have people over regularly on a Sunday for pizza and it would be handy to be able to cook more than one at a time.

Last edited:
The worst thing about pizza (from most pizza outlets) is the base. Always go thin base so you minimise what most places screw up.

The worst thing about pizza (from most pizza outlets) is the base. Always go thin base so you minimise what most places screw up.
Hate to tell you this but I know fit a fact that the domino's thin base has more total cals and fat than other choices. They add a layer of butter to it so it doesn't burn and for flavour. These are premade. Not the case with the thicker bases

I like the "Crust" joint that's opened near my way with its fancy pancy pizzas. The Korean Kimchi Beef Pizza might sound as authentic as Shazza's Chinese Restaurant but it does tastes surprisingly good, for a 1150kcal meal.

The Dominos we have on the other hand have 15 y.o's making the pizzas. I am not eating something a 15 y.o cooks that I can't directly see lol.

Dominos used to make a half decent thin and crispy but the premade that they have been using for a few years just tastes wrong.
Our local dominos actually makes a decent pizza, I always make sure they cook it right though, I make a point of ordering over the phone and asking them to cook it for longer so the base crisps up and the topping cooks through nicely with a bit of golden brown on the cheese, they are always accomidating and if they don't get it right it goes back, probably only get one from them every couple of months or so, I usually go for thick base meat lovers or pepperoni or often times I'll do both and finish off the kids ham and pineapple when I'm done.

I've just eaten the best pizza I've ever experienced in my whole entire life @ rattle and hum Port Douglas.
its happy hour also, bring on the mojitos

When I worked in Bundeburg many years ago, I remember going to a little pizza joint and they had a bolognese pizza, basically instead of your traditional tomato pizza sauce they used bolognese sauce, can't remember the toppings I had but gee it was nice.
I liked the idea and have replicated it many times on my homemade jobs, it's a tasty variation on traditional pizza sauce.

If you make your own base the best base to make is a cup of SR flour and a cup of plain greek yoghurt... mix together, flatten, add pizza sauce then toppings then bake. easy and awesome

We have a wood fired pizza oven at the fire station and one of the guys parents (Italian) who used to own the local pizza place come and feed us. The problem with this is now even my own home made pizzas don't taste so good.

That sounds nice and simple [MENTION=16241]Headley[/MENTION], haven't heard or tried that method before, will give it a crack for sure, have made lots of various bases over the years with all sorts of ingredients and they've all been nice.....the one I'm using at the moment is one I pulled up off the interwebs and it is a Jamie Oliver recipe, 000 flour, semolina and yeast, really nice base, good flavour and crunch.....I'm partial to a bit of whole meal base too from time to time, I remember one of the majors used to bring out a whole meal base pizza, I really liked it but the rest of the worl mustn't have cos it was discontinued.

Yeah its the easiest base i have ever seen to make. No yeast or kneading needed at all.

Just mix the flour and yoghurt together, add flower if it needs it, then use it straight away. No need to knead or let it stand at all.

Very crispy!

Bought a new pizza oven yesterday and wanted to take it for a test drive tonight for dinner, didn't have much time to muck around making dough etc so tried out Headley's quick pizza base recipe, was very nice, won't lie and say best ever but it was excellent all the same, great flavour, good texture and crunch, plus it gets extra marks for being quick to make....highly recommended, I'll be making it again for sure....thanks [MENTION=16241]Headley[/MENTION], was beautiful mate.

We just use Leb bread as our base with pizza sauce and topping. CBF with the amount of prep required for a pizza party.

It is a woodfired?