• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

GPC Worlds 2013

What an awesome day of lifting.

Started the comp with a 262.5kg opener, and it was loose and shit, but found focus and got a solid 277.5kg which is an all time PR and 2nd place.
2.5kg behind 1st and 5kg in front of 4th.

Went to bench, everything went to plan, and walked away with a 167.5kg bench, all time PR still in 2nd place but only a few kilo in front of 4th.

Then my day got sad as we started dead lifting.

My Serbian friend from last year got disqualified as he his not part of The Serbian affiliate - he had improved much from last year so I was disappointed that we was taken out.

A guy that was meant to total 800kg decided to remove himself from the competition before his opener, for reasons still nobody knows. That made me, and quite a few others very mad, not even so much as a goodbye.

I then watched as a new, good mate missed his opener at his knees.
He missed his 2nd and 3rd which means he was disqualified from the competition, I was heart broken for him.

I opened on a very easy 300kg, 315kg for a second which broke my previous world record, and also broke the total world record of 750kg set by my new friend Curt with 760kg.

As I'd done what I needed to, I decided to take 320kg for a ride, but only got it just above my knees.

What could have been a nail biting round of deadlifts with 4 guys going over 750, turned out to be more about hitting my own numbers.

1st place, open 90kg men.

Huge thanks to all the people that have helped along the way, thanks to the PTC crew for all their support, my awesome wife for her patience and putting up with my injuries, and of course the best handler a lifter could ask for Mr. Goodyear.

Off to Italy in a few days, and that's where my bulking to the 100's will begin.

1376379_10151658412318015_1294816028_n.jpg