• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle soreness

You only drink 1.5 to 2 litres of water a day. Drink a heap more water and stop the pre work outs. At the very least your kidneys will thank you.

Thanks for all the great advice. Yeah it's good to be sore but this is different it's a very sharpe pain on the stretch of the muscles. It used to happen maybe once a month but then it progressively got worse and more common now it's after every session I've tried having a week of and relaxing but as soon as I get back in the gym It's back again. Here's something you guys will love I don't train legs could this cause a recovery issue

I don't get it. So its not doms. Is it an injury? Go see someone about it then instead of relying on dodgy advise off the net.

Mate I don't get it either as far as injury goes its not isolated to any muscle group. Whichever muscle I train that's where it occurs chest, arms, back. Whatever muscle I train that's where the pain is. I really feel that it's just a lack of something diet wise.

Cut the preworkouts. It wont take long to get used to not having them.

And see someone.

Tim.

Trained chest tonight better session but still not where I was. Spent a good ten mins stretching after feeling pretty good see how I pull up tomorrow.

I have had massive issues over 10 years with my left knee heaps of bad operations and resulted in having no knee cap it's very weak. I did train it for a while and will start again this week

And why dont you train legs? This already tells me alot about you.

Tim.

To be honest who gives a fuck if he doesn't train legs. Most blokes only train to look good for the women and they don't give a fuck if you train legs or not.

It's usually the fat blokes who claim to be powerlifters bagging out the blokes with the big guns for not training legs.

I hear a lot that to get big you must train legs. I woke up this morning feeling great bought L glutimine yesterday. Hope I'm into something. Cheers again for all the htkp

To be honest who gives a fuck if he doesn't train legs. Most blokes only train to look good for the women and they don't give a fuck if you train legs or not.

It's usually the fat blokes who claim to be powerlifters bagging out the blokes with the big guns for not training legs.

Pretty sure most women will laugh at a guy that has no porportion and no legs.

So only fat people train legs:confused: Pretty sure anyone that trains properly for what ever reason will train legs, I know I used to train legs even when I was 16 for sporting/performance reasons, and now I do it for health reasons.

Barring an injury of course I can not see any reason why a person would not be training legs if he is into lifting.

I have had massive issues over 10 years with my left knee heaps of bad operations and resulted in having no knee cap it's very weak. I did train it for a while and will start again this week

You can start by getting your VMO back working (leg raises will switch it on and you should see your VMO [teardrop muscle] working)
Ive had knee recon's and scopes, but this helped me anyway.

Two back surgeries in the last twelve months have shelved any decent leg movements, but can still do lunges and all their variations, plus calf raises and light front & back (not low hahah) squats.

Once you start training them lightly & easing into it, they will come back. Just make sure you THOROUGHLY warm up and down, plus stretching & foam rolling every night. This will help get your legs back into training!

Amazing worked arms last night and this morning I feel great I have been really working on water and stretching after training and drinking water all day like I was. Maybe it was a cramping issue

So I've done four good sessions with little to no soreness since I've started on the L glutimine and 4 litres of water a day. I could feel some tightness coming on at the end of my arm session in the bicep so I gave it an extra ten minutes of stretching and it was all good. Thanks again for all the help and advice. Training the pins tonight.