• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle soreness

Hazrd8

Hi guys first time I've really needed help but I've got some really bad soreness occurring almost straight after training. For example I just trained my arms. After training it feels like my muscles contract really quickly I stretch for ten mins but even after that if I put my arm in a relaxed bent position when I go to straighten it back out its very painful to stretch. Same applies to all muscle groups. It started off not as often but I would wake up middle of the night needing to stretch really bad I couldn't stretch my chest out for three days this week. There are some very experienced members hope someone can shed some light. Cheers Rhys

I'm 30 6'3 105kg
I train 5-6 days a week for the last 2 years strength and size gains have been great but this is starting to impact my workouts since when I'm sore it's that bad i can't workout or stretch fully and I'm generally not a sook haha
About 3 months ago I started using Acg3 pre workout drink. I have read all great reviews on this and no other complaints so I thought it would be rare this is the cause. I don't drink as much water as I did I was drinking about 3-4 L per day probably half that now. Diet is the hard part I don't eat super clean but not too bad I get enough protein for my size about 200grams. Any other info needed

I went down to aaa supplements today to change my pre workout drink got super pump and size on to try and kick these pains

May be try something novel and train without a pre workout drink. Pre workout does not affect muscle soreness, recovery does.

So may be try BCAA's, or a pre workout and/or post workout shake, but personally I don't think any supplements or lack there of are the problem. May be you are over trained or under recovered (Same thing to same degree!?!?)

Thanks for the advice I only take them because I train late normally 8pm I need them to turn me on most nights. I feel like its a rapid buildup of acid of something it comes on so quick I'm trying to stretch a lot more on cooling down. Thanks again

Yeah 8pm is pretty late to train for me anyway, but it's also late to have a pre workout drink full of stimulants, bit of a double edged sword.

May be you are not getting proper sleep after the pre workout drink, causing bad recovery.

I'm still getting 8 hours sleep when I was taking jack 3d I was having sleep issues. This feels like something completely different. I take a gnc magnesium tab before bed. I do appreciate the help

Thanks for more advice I just read the ingredients in both my supplements and that does not come up on any of them so If I buy taurine when in the day would I take it I'm happy to try. Cheers

May be try a good multivitamin, and may be even a night time recovery multi.

Again I don't really think it's the solution.

May be see a doctor and get some blood tests done, may be your lacking something important:confused:

I woke up this morning feeling great though the body. Couldn't train tonight due to adding to my art collection. Hopefully I'll do a big chest session tomorrow and see how we go.

Trained chest tonight and wow I was off still feeling a little tight in the muscle I was getting 6-7 reps of the 60kg dumbbells on flat then 10 of the 50kg on decline. 8 of 90 kg on incline smith machine and 10 of the 30 kg dumbbells on the flys.

Ok trained again last night still getting the pain. But this time it's not straight after of at night it's about 12 hours after I'm going to try taurine to see what it does. Any other suggestions. Cheets

Try a deload. If it continues to happen, maybe reconsider your routine.

Also work on your mobility, foam roll it out, lax ball, etc. Kelly Starret has a good book on this called 'Becoming a supple leopard'

Personally, I would ditch the pre-workouts.

Good luck!

If it still happens, you should really consult a professional about this!

You've been training a while so you know your body. If it's something you're not used to and there's no logical reason for it I.e. bumping up the weight the last couple weeks. Then I'd agree take a deload week, and take a look at how much you're eating and the rest you're getting. If its still happening consult a professional.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if you are but if you are hitting a body part once a week its a great way to be sore after training for a lot of people.

Thanks for all the great advice. Yeah it's good to be sore but this is different it's a very sharpe pain on the stretch of the muscles. It used to happen maybe once a month but then it progressively got worse and more common now it's after every session I've tried having a week of and relaxing but as soon as I get back in the gym It's back again. Here's something you guys will love I don't train legs could this cause a recovery issue