• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sore joints

Someone saying look for another sport is saying quit and I am re-evaluating it by searching for a solution and asking like minded people how they got past it I love lifting and am not going to stop my joints just get a little sore that's all but thanks for trying to give advice anyway i'm not on here to start arguements

Thanks for the replies boys (the constructive ones anyway) seems maybe i'll give glucosamine and fish oil a go might be the cost effective solution, anwering bricks question I have some work to do as far as squats and deadlifts go I avoided squats for ages because my arse seems to respond to squats far too well and was sick of getting called beyonce and tearing my pants haha but my best deadlift is 180 so far, I agree with Bazza 100% I know plenty of guys even in their early 20's with little nagging problems if you can go from lifting your first weight to years later without ANY issues you're either the man of steel or not pushing hard enough telling people to quit just because their shoulders get a bit sore sometimes is just silly and poor advice imo

Mate if it is your shoulders and elbows its from overwork. 180 dead - 150 bench is a massive disproportion.

If you don't want to do more lower work try changing your workouts so you do 2:1 ratio of upper back to bench.

This will help iron out the imbalance. Whats your ohp like? You should have some balance there if benching 150 I would want to overhead pressing at least 100kg.

If there is big differences between the lifts it shows imbalance which will lead to all sorts of problems.
[MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION]; your just been ****y put your tampon back in and quit sparring with baz.

Someone saying look for another sport is saying quit and I am re-evaluating it by searching for a solution and asking like minded people how they got past it I love lifting and am not going to stop my joints just get a little sore that's all but thanks for trying to give advice anyway i'm not on here to start arguements

I said this.

Look for another sport, with this type of sport due to its very nature, there are going to be be; pulls, tares and inflammatory issues.

The supplements and med's IMO are just band-aids, for the long term I think you need to do "exercise" that is going to reduce and eliminate the above.

That shit fixes coughs, colds, sore holes and spots on your dick.

If I saw some ćunt hacking off a shark fin I'd kick him in the nuts

Curls and hammer curls and lots of rows and chinups, and working on form. That's what stopped me getting increasing fuckedupness from benching.

But I'm still not benching quite as much as you, so could be I'm in for some more pain some time. Fucked if I know. I'll let you know when I'm @ 135. Only 15 or 20 odd to go... :D

Sorry to chime in so late. There are plenty of things you can do- especially for your shoulders. My first question is- what are you douing for chest and shoulders currently? Do you do any stretching or mobility work? Rotator work?
Pain is all part of the journey- but addressing the issue is the real key- rather than hitting pain killers.
If you haven't already- check out mobility WOD or sanfrancisco crossfit on you tube and check out all the shoulder drills. They work.
I have some other ideas- but I will wait to hear what you are doing.

I used to have the same problem: shoulder pain especially during/after heavy bench press. Later on it started to hurt even when I just slept aside. It put so much limitation into my life that I could not tolerate it any more: I had to find the real solution.

After experimenting with different diets and medicines (almost all big brand joint-repairers, cortison injection, etc.. all the bullshit advertised miracles) I faced the truth:

The main reason was -as was mentioned here earlier by someone- the imbalanced proportion of muscle groups. It led to injured (torn?) rotator cuff.

Since I faced and accepted this thing I start every single workout session with rear shoulders routine + rotator cuff training (check out my training log) say 4-5 times per week.

Today, after 2 or 3 months, I have no pain at all and I can bench press again.