• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni's diet log

haha, just my style man
what was waist like over these 3 months of overeating?
sure abs showed, quads still showed but as we both know, this is a different beast to visceral fat gain

I doubt very much that you were talking about visceral fat at the time Oni, but let's move on...

For the benefit of those who don't know the difference between visceral fat and subcutaneous fat, visceral fat lies deep inside our body (and not seen by the naked eye except perhaps for its protruding stomach bulge effect), whilst subcutaneous fat is the fat that lies just underneath our skin and can be seen and felt.

1070397_f520.jpg

You use the word "overeating"! I never once said that I was overeating Oni. On the contrary, I made a specific comment that I was eating the way I was because that's the way I felt at the time. My appetite was high for those three to four months and I was simply responding to the messages my body was sending me. At no time did I eat for a particular reason outside of simply following my instinct. Overeating is when one eats enough, but decided to keep on eating and eating until perhaps they get to a stage where they find it uncomfortable to breathe properly. That wasn't me. I myself was astonished by the amount of food I was putting away without getting uncomfortable.

Furthermore, overeating would generally speaking be equated with some form of weight gain. I gained no weight whatsoever. And as far as maybe gaining some unseen deep visceral fat, I doubt that very much since I had no abdominal bloating or stomach distension or anything that would indicate that I was in any way been negatively affected. I had very vascular forearms and ripped muscles as I have stated before. Gaining weight was not an easy thing to do for me until I learned how to do it after getting involved in the sport of bodybuilding. For me (at least), gaining weight (mainly lean mass) was more than simply eating more, it was a matter of doing less! That in turn would go a very long way in determining the speed of one's metabolism, where the heart of the matter to gaining or losing weight truly lies (in my opinion).

Fadi.

Last edited:
I doubt very much that you were talking about visceral fat at the time Oni, but let's move on...

For the benefit of those who don't know the difference between visceral fat and subcutaneous fat, visceral fat lies deep inside our body (and not seen by the naked eye except perhaps for its protruding stomach bulge effect), whilst subcutaneous fat is the fat that lies just underneath our skin and can be seen and felt.

1070397_f520.jpg

You use the word "overeating"! I never once said that I was overeating Oni. On the contrary, I made a specific comment that I was eating the way I was because that's the way I felt at the time. My appetite was high for those three to four months and I was simply responding to the messages my body was sending me at the time. At no time did I eat for a particular reason outside of simply following my instinct. Overeating is when one eats enough, but decided to keep on eating and eating until perhaps they get to a stage where they find it uncomfortable to breathe properly. That wasn't me. I myself was astonished by the amount of food I was putting away without getting uncomfortable.

Furthermore, overeating would generally speaking be equated with some form of weight gain. I gained no weight whatsoever. And as far as maybe gaining some unseen deep visceral fat, I doubt that very much since I had no abdominal bloating or stomach distension or anything that would indicate that I was in any way been negatively affected. I had very vascular forearms and ripped muscles as I have stated before. Gaining weight was not an easy thing to do for me until I learned how to do it after getting involved in the sport of bodybuilding. For me (at least), gaining weight (mainly lean mass) was more than simply eating more, it was a matter of doing less! That in turn would go a very long way in determining the speed of one's metabolism, where the heart of the matter to gaining or losing weight truly lies (in my opinion).

Fadi.

One thing I am having trouble fathoming
If you were eating 13,000kcal on the regular, why did you gain 8kg in 24h on the qantas flight? I has a browse at one of the old menus from the qantas flights that was being sold on ebay and they were no more than 500-750 Calories per box

14k cals and you gained no weight? Clearly you wernt abosrbing any of that food then because unless you were doing an iron man every day would be impossible to burn that much energy. Maybe you had a massive tape worm lol

We seem to be going in circles here. I didn't put up this way of eating to prove something to anyone, let's make that clear. I am as astonished now (at nearing 50 years old), at that teenager all those years back eating the way he was and not gaining any weight. Yes, now I can view that event very objectively and analyse it based on what I know now. I can only put it down to a teenage boy who was perhaps going through some extra stressful times (being away from family etc.), in addition to the training load, and topping all that off with a very cold Canberra weather, I can see how things turned out the way they did and how that may have affected that young boy's already fast metabolism.

The Qantas thing is easy to explain, it was outside those stressful times and more of a holiday time for me. Anything to do with airplanes is a holiday time for me and when I'm in an elated mood I gain weight easily, but I lose it just as easily, since (as I've already mentioned), it's usually all water weight gain. I mentioned before that I lost 6kg in 8 hours whilst in Brisbane in anticipation of a weightlifting competition the following morning. In 2007, I gained 11kg in exactly 11 days straight when I made a trip to Lebanon to see my mother. I lost all 11kgs upon arriving back in Sydney 6 weeks later.

I'm sharing things with you here not to stand out , sound crazy, nor look crazy ok. I'm simply saying it like it was, and telling you to not believe everything you read in books or magazines on the subject of diets or the way elite athletes "cleanly" eat!

Take what you wish from it and leave the rest, but please don't be disrespectful to me again Oni!

Fadi.

Last edited:
14k cals and you gained no weight? Clearly you wernt abosrbing any of that food then because unless you were doing an iron man every day would be impossible to burn that much energy. Maybe you had a massive tape worm lol

[MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION] correct me if I am wrong, but I believe at the time Fadi was training for the Olymics or similar, so training was probably like doing an iron man every day:)

We seem to be going in circles here. I didn't put up this way of eating to prove something to anyone, let's make that clear. I am as astonished now (at nearing 50 years old), at that teenager all those years back eating the way he was and not gaining any weight. Yes, now I can view that event very objectively and analyse it based on what I know now. I can only put it down to a teenage boy who was perhaps going through some extra stressful times (being away from family etc.), in addition to the training load, and topping all that off with a very cold Canberra weather, I can see how things turned out the way they did and how that may have affected that young boy's already fast metabolism.

The Qantas thing is easy to explain, it was outside those stressful times and more of a holiday time for me. Anything to do with airplanes is a holiday time for me and when I'm in an elated mood I gain weight easily, but I lose it just as easily, since (as I've already mentioned), it's usually all water weight gain. I mentioned before that I lost 6kg in 8 hours whilst in Brisbane in anticipation of a weightlifting competition the following morning. In 2007, I gained 11kg in exactly 11 days straight when I made a trip to Lebanon to see my mother. I lost all 11kgs upon arriving back in Sydney 6 week s later.

I'm sharing things with you here not to stand out , sound crazy, nor look crazy ok. I'm simply saying it like it was, and telling you to not believe everything you read in books or magazines on the subject of diets or the way elite athletes "cleanly" eat!

Take what you wish from it and leave the rest, but please don't be disrespectful to me again Oni!

Fadi.

Alright man, I just find it hard pressed that you ate more food than Michael Phelps and didn't gain a single pound, yet ate less on a plane flight and gained 8kg of water

@Fadi correct me if I am wrong, but I believe at the time Fadi was training for the Olymics or similar, so training was probably like doing an iron man every day:)
That's correct Big Mick, it was the World Championships held in Italy at the time. That was 30 years ago this April coming.

Fadi.

Alright man, I just find it hard pressed that you ate more food than Michael Phelps and didn't gain a single pound, yet ate less on a plane flight and gained 8kg of water
I know I did eat more, and I'm just as puzzled with the whole thing just like you are.

Fadi.

Still dont believe it sorry
I wouldn't either had it not been me. So I fully understand where you're coming from and it's fine with me. Take care.

PS: I know you've got better things to do than believing or not believing something seeming so unbelievable. However, if you insist, there are plenty of witnesses to the event, they're still alive, and they still reside in Australia.

Fadi.

Last edited:

Phelps? phht, he just swims a bit...

and? 500cal per hour, cos he's not sprinting for 8hrs... 4K calories a day max... if that...

about the same as slowly jogging...

I 100% beleive it lol.

I know a former state level weightlifter.
Fadi sir you might know him, but maybe not, im not sure how long you stayed in the game. He would have finished up about 5 years ago. Trained 12 odd years.
Said eating 10000 cals per day was not hard at all. Would go and grab two whole bbq chooks and a loaf of bread every lunchtime at work. And eat it like it was nothing, then carry on working. And that was just one meal...of 6. Trained twice a day. 2 hour sessions. 6 days a week.

Tim.