• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni's diet log

What's your goal 0ni?

Get as lean and muscular as possible by 1st December for national push/pull
Continue to get stronger and build muscle

I'll continue dieting down after that until I am crazy lean then start building back up more

Get as lean and muscular as possible by 1st December for national push/pull
Continue to get stronger and build muscle

I'll continue dieting down after that until I am crazy lean then start building back up more

"I'll continue dieting down after that until I am crazy lean then start building back up more"

So this is a long term goal?

What's the reasoning behind, "dieting down" ?

you want minimal body fat, and the biuld muscle tissue?

Gooby you need to fill out your weight class and be as lean as possible with the most muscle mass possible to have the best total you're capable of in that weight class.
I'll be dieting for several months so yes it's fairly long term

G

Thats basically the goal of every single bro out there this time of year. Deffinately not the edgy against the grain Oni ausbb loves. Would love to see fat 100kg Oni.

I legitimately think it's impossible for me to get fat with my activity level haha
Although recently it's been starting to "turn" and I've become an estrogenic fatty mess

If you get gradually fatter on 3000cal, with some 'current activity level'.

Can increasing your activity level and upping your diet to 4000 cal - so you get fat at the same rate - help you build muscle? Even though you have a similar caloric excess.

Can increasing your activity level and upping your diet to 4000 cal - so you get fat at the same rate - help you build muscle? Even though you have a similar caloric excess.

Why do you assume that you have to get fatter to build more muscle?

I thought you needed a caloric excess.

A person needs to eat enough to fuel muscle growth, the more muscle they have the more they need to eat and so on.
Now, most of us already have excess calorie reserves in the form of fat, so why eat even more excess calories to add to that reserve, why not build muscle while reducing that existing fat reserve?
If one is getting fatter despite them exercising then they are either eating more than their body needs or their workouts are not intense enough or both.

Unless you're a pro bodybuilder who has to be a certain level of condition for a competition on a particular date then this whole cutting/bulking myth makes no sense for us mere mortals.

What we should do is learn to control our bodyfat levels with good nutrition and resistance exercise.
There is no reason at all that we cant gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Sorry 0ni, we went a bit off track.

Last edited:

Yes- it's called metabolic flux
Which is why ECA / Clenbuterol / T3 are anabolic if you use them correctly. The metabolism is increased and protein turnover rate increases. Cutting on 4000kcal will get you bigger and shredded faster than cutting on 2000. Always

Also few days in now and I am in keto according to the piss sticks
Strength has actually increased I think- I hit 6x3x62.5kg on the press today which is easily near my best. Monday is a deadlift day so we shall see how that goes...

Looks wise nothing to report yet... although I am a lot more vascular and sitting around 70kg now

Just found this.

Interesting. The diet you are doing is basically the 'Carb Nite Solution' by John Kiefer.

Will be watching progress with interest.

ECA / Clenbuterol / T3 are anabolic if you use them correctly.

Da fuark? lol - they are not anabolic - the only reason you may seem to "gain" from these if 1. you are dropping bodyfat which in turn helps increase T levels or 2. simply if your dropping bf and you look more muscular.

They are NOT anabolic in humans.

In regards to diets etc - fuck all these so called eating plans, IIFYM, 100% clean eating, warrior diet etc etc - its simple - eat plenty of meat/proteins, veggies, salad, fruit - train fucking hard and push yourself.

And whoever said you need to get fat to gain muscle - da fuark again?

People act as if no one ever just ate a big dinner before Kiefer come along.

Haha, you really have no idea do you?? Not even a glimmer of a hint of an idea.

What does Kiefer have to do with having a large dinner??

Just to give you a glimmer: Basically 'Carb Nite' involves eating only meat/protein with some green veggies for 5-7 days straight, then once a week have a 3-4 hr carb feast before bed where you eat carbs to your hearts contend, best done but not necessarily after a hard weight training session, then sleep and repeat, pretty much what Oni is doing here.

Nothing to do with eating a large dinner

May be educate yourself before you talk about something that you have no idea about:rolleyes: