• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ausbb bodybuilding discussion: DELTS

Yeah, there is a lot to be said for ISO-lateral movement, this is why lunges are the craze, you get mobility and stability at the hip, but we don't like lunges I don't see the benefit with extremely heavy weight.

I think a beginner could possible cut their teeth on the lunge, then leave them in the dirt, to go onto the walk, but then again may as well just start walking?

I think squatting Leg-pressing or deadlifting and farmer's are no brainers.

I think this is why lunges are generally done at the end of the workout, mainly used as a "finisher" coz they hurt like hell and you don't have to use massive weight when performed at the end, plus they work on balance and core.

I must've been the first person in the history of the gym to do farmers because everyone was staring at me like a tranny with no pants on! I was only using 40kg DB and did 2 laps so maybe 20 metres (could go more) but was sick of the stares so switched to lunges instead. Could I simply stand there or walk forwards and backwards over a much smaller distance with farmers to avoid causing such a scene in future?

I must've been the first person in the history of the gym to do farmers because everyone was staring at me like a tranny with no pants on! I was only using 40kg DB and did 2 laps so maybe 20 metres (could go more) but was sick of the stares so switched to lunges instead. Could I simply stand there or walk forwards and backwards over a much smaller distance with farmers to avoid causing such a scene in future?
Fuck 'em. You do what you gotta do to improve yourself. If that means farmer's Walk's, then do them

I have had colleagues at work say to me .. "yeah this guy at gym.. he was walking around carrying his weights for some reason, kind of doing laps."