• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

27 Pullups: can any forum member beat it

My best was 19 before I tore a bicep at 108kg. I probably could have done 20 easy at 95kg but I never tried. Back down to 10 post injury.

20 is good, 30 is ridiculous. Definitely hope to get there one day, good work

Nope, about half that. Maybe 15 or so, tops.

edit: That's sctrict dead hang pullups. Chinups, possibly 18+ on a good day.

Last edited:
I have heard of some outstanding feats by gymnasts, including very light females.

27, or anything over 20, is still pretty good.

Wodonga YMCA test one exercise for members every few months. This month chins, previously kettlebells to shoulder height with 24 kg (18kg for females) and reps on 50% of bodyweight bench press another month.

dude thur not even pullups thur chin ups and when I was in jail I was doing 20 for 3 sets ive seen guys do heaps on youtube theres a video of a guy doing 50 ACTUAL pull ups

Good on you. do it again and post clip for all of us to see.

I would be impressed to see someone do more than 27.

Yes, they are chin-ups, my mistake, will change title

My brother did Year 11 in Germany as part of an exchange program. PE was a compulsory subject and as part of the assessment, all students had to achieve certain athletic and gymnastic milestones. If I remember correctly, to get an A, you had to achieve 20 pullups.

Australia is so soft....and fat.

Yes, that is interesting. when I was 17, I struggled to do one pullup.

I had been doing a lot of pushups, and was reasonable, but had neglected pulling muscles.

I did 19 with a few years of solid training, probably around age 20 or 21.

I have my 4 year old daughter now doing occasional assisted pullups at this stage, which she finds amusing.

I seem to recall when I was 60kg or so I did 25 then stopped because I was bored.

This was a while ago though, when I was young and very skinny.

The dude who holds a world record for weighted pull ups (at over 400lbs, I forget the number) can do 33 I believe at around 200lbs bodyweight. He can also do a strict 1 handed pull up.

So if you can do 30 at 90kg-100kg you're fucking strong, back wise.

Last edited:
that's guy is ridiculous

My best was 33 chins at 75kg BW (a few years ago now)

23 pullups at 80kg

1 one arm chin at 80kg

Don't do that many these days. PSA: neutral grip is much better for shoulders/elbows. They are harder than underhand but easier than wide grip overhand IMO.