• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Not your regular begginer

Try throw some chins in at least he'll be getting some back work in as well as doing the bi's. And maybe some diamond push ups, tell him it's for that killer chest but he'll be getting tri's as well. Is a hard case mate but I definitely think you need to get creative and sneak a few extras in there to help round it out a bit.
Good luck

Well it's up to you man. Everyone here is going to tell you to incorporate a routine that works everything. Because a lot of people have been in the same position where all they want to do is chest and arms and have learnt that it's not the right way to go about it.

I personally think you should try to teach him more and change his mind, because he will get 6 months/ a year down the track and if he hasn't hurt himself in some way he will realise he wasted a year of lifting, honestly look how many people who start lifting and get in the same trap.

But personally if I'm training with people who are like lets do nothing but curls, I tell them to neck up and squat with me. But each to their own I guess.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

[MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; tell him the truth chicks in clubs don't give a fuck what you look like as long as your wearing $400 jeans, gotta lazy gorrilla in the money clip & aren't afraid of sharing your 8 ball around.

I do laugh at all the internet peeps who get butthurt over this shit. Boy wants to curl, let him curl its still more then he was doing before.

[MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; tell him the truth chicks in clubs don't give a fuck what you look like as long as your wearing $400 jeans, gotta lazy gorrilla in the money clip & aren't afraid of sharing your 8 ball around.

I do laugh at all the internet peeps who get butthurt over this shit. Boy wants to curl, let him curl its still more then he was doing before.

Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money.

Girls like a confidant man, who's also a bit of a rascal.

Brick you are the man.

@Grunta; tell him the truth chicks in clubs don't give a fuck what you look like as long as your wearing $400 jeans, gotta lazy gorrilla in the money clip & aren't afraid of sharing your 8 ball around.

LOL............don't want to break his heart, skinny jeans are only $200, he's a student in an average family and and clean as whistle.

He better get curlyn then!!!

Sorry to start another "what program would you recommend for a begginer?" thread, but this one is a little odd as far as goals are concerned.

What training package would you put together for an 18yo kid who has these goals:

1. Want's his upper pecks to "look ridicoulus when he's rocking a low cut Tshirt".
  2. Want's "mad bis" in a t-shirt when he "going off at da club"
That's it, I'll try to translate this into English, but for now, here is my problems:
He won't do power stuff because "it will slow him down on the field" (plays soccer).
Won't do squats because he doesnt want his legs to look like a rugby player (not in a life time, just doesn't have the genetic potential to be EVER confused for a rugby player) and has a wordrobe of skinny jeans he doesnt want to replace.
Can't convince him that tris are the larger proportion of the upper arm because "the bis is what it's all about" (English - believes it's what the girls find attractive)
He's not at all interested in working the back or shoulder muscles, as "its a waste of time and he doesnt want to get big"

English translation, want's to improve his look to increase his chances at picking up girls when he goeas out.
(I suggested getting his hair cut on BOTH sides of his head, using less spiking glue, getting rid of his sisters jeans and stop dancing and start drinking, but apparently my boat sailed last century)

At the moment I have him doing:
incline BB
Incline DB
Pulley cross overs
EZ bar curls
BB curls
Db curls
With the hope to talk him into some tri work.

Question is: what do I do with him? (cant drown him, he's family :mad:)
How do I hang a chest and some arms off an anorexic body?
Any other execises or combos that might get him moving in the right direction?

I can see the LOLs comming already, but any serious advice would be appreciated.

He's a soccer player. Give up.

To be honest the best thing is tell him to train hard and train his whole body and then forget about it. He is just going to do what he wants anyway and you are wasting your time.

Most people ask for advise but they don't actually want your advise they just want you to confirm what they already want to do.

In the first sentance, I'm not sure what you mean Ned.

Well from the description this kid seems to be allergic to hard work and just wants to be to told to bench and curl and get massive well sculpted beach muscles, so the last thing he wants to hear is lift heavy and all the other good advice you have dished out:)

To be honest the best thing is tell him to train hard and train his whole body and then forget about it. He is just going to do what he wants anyway and you are wasting your time.

Most people ask for advise but they don't actually want your advise they just want you to confirm what they already want to do.

Its more of a case of him hitting his mum up for a memebership to "work on his strength and he can train with his uncle".
So she asked me to take him under my wing and once there he coughed up that what he primarily wats out of it is to get laid more.
Not somethig you normally disclose to your parents.

We all though it was cars, money and large bag that did the trick, but if all he needs is some "upper pecks and bis" let him try I say.

Its more of a case of him hitting his mum up for a memebership to "work on his strength and he can train with his uncle".
So she asked me to take him under my wing and once there he coughed up that what he primarily wats out of it is to get laid more.
Not somethig you normally disclose to your parents.

We all though it was cars, money and large bag that did the trick, but if all he needs is some "upper pecks and bis" let him try I say.

We want to see him squatting, you have 6 months. :)

Slip in the occasional squat now and again, after 3 months, gradually work them in.

Well I guess at least he is doing something.

I am not saying don't help the kid, but don't feed his insanity. Tell him what is the right thing to do and then let him do what he likes, he will anyway.

May be show him some photos of how rediculous blokes that train an unbalanced routine look. As I think sometimes chest and bis is all these guys think it takes to be huge.

One of the most impressive and noticeable muscles IMO is strong looking fore arms.

I like how the title is "not your regular beginner". Pretty much what the majority of beginners do. Chest and bi's lol

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

I have the same problem with my youngest brother, over time he has slowly learnt he gets better results working your entire body and has since started gaining nicely. young kids are stubborn