• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eating for your Blood type

Sydking

[FONT=&quot]Hi all

Had an interesting conversation with a family friend.

Basically, it was not about what foods are good for you, But what is good for your particular blood type
So in short the blood type diet is based on the principal that when we eat a chemical reaction occurs between the food we eat and our blood. This reaction, which is genetically inherited, is caused by proteins found in food called lectins, which can cause our blood cells to clump or adhere together.

When you eat foods that contains lectins which are incompatible with your blood type antigen, the lectins target an organ or bodily system and can cause blood cells to start to agglutinate.
Our immune system protects us from a majority of the lectins we eat, however a small percentage ends up in the blood stream and can cause reactions in different parts of the body.

So there is Type A, B, O and AB.
Depending on what type you are the jist is, Say Type A. They are said to do much better on a vegetarian diet , Type O’s do well on a heavy meat diet
Me personally, I call bullshit but I would like to see what you all think
For the sake of it, I would like to find out what blood type I am

Your thoughts?[/FONT]

Never considered that blood type would make a difference, but I am 100% certain that different people do better on different foods.

I get easily bloated and tend to put on fat with a bloated midsection if I eat a diet high in carbs, especially bread, and cake type stuff as well as having a lot of gas. Don't have any of those issues if I eat meat, bacon, eggs, etc. while other seem to do well on carbs.

Never thought it linked to blood type though, always just thought it's how different people process their food.

My wife tried one before we got married and had good result's. was it because she was eating these blood type compatable foods? Doubt it she has since been on other much simpler diets and got better results.

I call bullshit well.

I sometimes think there is a correlation between what we eat our health and origins of our ancestry.

I mean, the Dutch have a radically different diet to the Greeks.

A broad example;
My brother likes potato and cabbage
I like sardines, garlic and olives, food like that.

Blood type diets are bunk. No actual evidence behind them.

People say certain foods don't agree with them and it can be true if you have an allergy but a lot of the time it is because they don't eat those foods regularly.

It can take a month or more for your digestive system to adjust to the foods you regularly eat. If you never eat bread then have a heap its likely that you could feel a bit ordinary. But if you slowly introduce it and give it time your body will adjust to it.

It's like the protein powder farts most of us experience when we first had protein powder( no bull customers excluded). Heaps of rotten farts, now that the body had adapted it goes away for most People.

Blood type diets are bunk. No actual evidence behind them.

People say certain foods don't agree with them and it can be true if you have an allergy but a lot of the time it is because they don't eat those foods regularly.

It can take a month or more for your digestive system to adjust to the foods you regularly eat. If you never eat bread then have a heap its likely that you could feel a bit ordinary. But if you slowly introduce it and give it time your body will adjust to it.

It's like the protein powder farts most of us experience when we first had protein powder( no bull customers excluded). Heaps of rotten farts, now that the body had adapted it goes away for most People.

Yeah Bazza, it's like smoking, the first few drags make you cough your lungs out but after a while your body adjusts to it.

Yeah Bazza, it's like smoking, the first few drags make you cough your lungs out but after a while your body adjusts to it.

Adjusts by getting lung cancer, or in the case of eating by getting fat and sick.

LOL. Probably the only + from buying NB.

haha

The book has a glaringly obvious mistakr on the first page, not sure how you cane take blood type diets seriously