• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tips for calves

mameimo

When i'm doing standing calf raises, at the top of the movement, i'm finding it really difficult to squeeze my calf muscles and develop the mind muscle connection with the muscle. I'm not sure why this is the case, because when i used to train calves consistently about a year ago, i could always squeeze the calf muscles for every rep at the top of the movement. Any tips would be much appreciated. For instance, for some reps, I feel it more in the ankle than the calf muscle itself.

Then concentrate harder. srs

Also getting a deep stretch is just as important. Feel the burn.

Sent from Pluto Space Station

I do this 'thing' where I squat right down to the ground (like an arse to the grass squat) and whilst holding on to something to steady me, I lift my heels up whilst squeezing my calves so only my lower legs are moving - it burns, its intense and I love it because i love an exercise where I can hardly move immediately after doing the exercise ;-)

I do this 'thing' where I squat right down to the ground (like an arse to the grass squat) and whilst holding on to something to steady me, I lift my heels up whilst squeezing my calves so only my lower legs are moving - it burns, its intense and I love it because i love an exercise where I can hardly move immediately after doing the exercise ;-)

Wow, just tried it, and I could really feel the burn in the calves. Thanks

Remember calves must trained in the bent-knee and straight leg position.

Sent from Pluto Space Station