• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Alternatives to military press

iamwilso

So after breaking my collar bone military press's feel really awkward. Everything else feels fine just the MP's. I'm not confident doing them so I have scraped them at this stage. Im not getting any pain afterwards it just doesnt feel right. Tried weighted, bare bar, light dumbells, a sand bag, and it all feels the same. Are there any alternatives

Head stand press.
Not srs.

Just forgo presses until you can press with no pain.

Can you perform side and front raises spin free?

Sent from Pluto Space Station

Steep incline press
Palms facing (and elbows tucked) DB bench

I'm in the same boat, MP doesn't feel great but I can still do it sub-maximally.
Maybe try Klokov presses as well depending on how your shoulder mobility has been compromised.

How do you find doing pull ups?

I dont think there is anything as effective as the MP, however, other exercises to work the shoulders would be lat raises, front raises, reverse flyes for the rear delts, and as suggested steep incline press which works more of the front delt, maybe shrugs for the traps as well.