• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

18 year old IFBB bikini fitness athlete Lone Norås

dhMeAzK.gif

You think there is any real benefit to walking lunges?
Lately I see a lot of this.
For athletes, I can see how they could be beneficial.

Not so much for pure strength demonstrators, or stage posers, no. Then again, stage posers might benefit from them too. Fucked if I know.

Kickass chick, anyway.

For athletes, I can see how they could be beneficial.

Not so much for pure strength demonstrators, or stage posers, no. Then again, stage posers might benefit from them too. Fucked if I know.

Kickass chick, anyway.

I think unilateral movement has its place for improving hip strength, but this sort of movement can be sort of risky with significant weight.

She didnt inspire me too much.

nah when i first started doing them my balance was shit so would be wobbly as hell, but your body gets used to it,
i alternate between a set of long stride lunges and then a set of short stride lunges, the short stride is much harder and burns your quads, the long stride you can feel the stretch in your hammies and glutes. i try to not let me knee touch the ground, get to almost touching then push off.
i find the hardest part is when you start ot get tired you tend to stoop over so i have to concentrate on keep my chest up and shoulders back