• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein bars options ?

Felicity-Bear

Hi guys,

I normally go to the gym after work, and I am always after a little ‘energy pick-up’ before the gym. I have started buying protein bars and eating them before the gym, which I think has been working well.

My only concern is what is actually in the bars, I normally buy a BSc product and according to the nutritional contents they are full of sugars and junk.

Does anyone know any protein bars which are actually healthy and don’t cost a fortune?
Also what is your take on Protein bars? Whats out there for options?

Thanks in advance ..

As suggested you could always make your own, else there are other options you could have pre workout, like protein shake, tuna with some rice or green veg, i try not to have anything too close to workout and not too heavy on the sotmach either.

Me personally - Protein bars are fucking putrid. They are the most highly processed chemical in a wrapper Ive seen

Why not eat some food before you leave work? Have a slice of toast with peanut butter and honey and a glass of milk or a protein shake if you have no real meat on hand

I love peanut butter on rice crackers before training!

Hi,

yea, based on what was said, I looked how to make my own. It seems really straight forward. Organic/natural ingredients are so expensive in Australia, but it is the only way I can see to actually make a healthy bar.

Oh plus I found a site in the US that you can actually pick what you want in your bars, which seems like a cool idea.

I don't mind the mini protein fx ones for a little chocolate hit. Stupidly expensive for what they are though so rarely have them.