• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is the perfect diet for looking great all year round?

Define good?

I would say first achieve the look your after and then eat maintenance calories.

Sent from Pluto Space Station

8esyqe6u.jpg

Something that is sustainable year round and keeps you at the desired weight/look you want to be... Doesnt really matter man as long as it's sustainable and you're eating adequate nutrients.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

Personally.. it's bulk, bulk, bulk until I'm big enough to be a size that when I cut down I will still be much bigger than when I started. When I get to that 'big enough' size, hold it for a few months. Then commence dieting down. Once I hit the target goal, just IIFYM to maintain. There is no specific diet, it's pretty easy to hold your weight at the same place when you can eat roughly the same thing each day. Not sure what else to say besides that.

Thats like asking for the one size fits all, some people are fine eating chicken, brown rice,oats and brocolli all year round some need and like variety, so Iw ould say that once you have reached your goal look, whatever you find the easiest to maintain.

No perfect diet but a good start is one you can maintain long term.

Diets that involve exclusion of whole food groups don't often last and are pretty much pointless anyway.

I followed a guy on bodybuilding.com who essentially did this, got to desired size and aesthetics and then just maintained.

He was essentially hungry all the time, had to do cardio every day, 30 - 45 minutes of medium intensity stuff. His workouts were EXACTLY the same day in day out, so while he looked good his life and training were boring as fuck to follow.

But that being said I'm sure the positives of looking like Greg Plitt year round are there also!

that's the though [MENTION=12532]myst[/MENTION]; while you say the diet and training were boring as fuck, to him he may have liked it?

I know for myself, now working out is routine and almost habit so in other words it has become just something i do as part of everyday life like taking a shit, i know some people cant do this and need constant change but for me i would be happy following the sam thing for 95% of the time, so i guess it comes back to whatever works for the individual

I tend to do the same except for the big three lifts, I'm always trying to get stronger or do more reps with a lot of weight. I could do a lot more but time and motivation do stop me, and I am fairly comfortable with the majority of my workout to not change it.

One that doesn't put you into caloric surplus week in week out. (provided your mission isn't to gain!) Define looking good though, staying lean? Getting bigger?

Over the last 12 years I have found a diet consisting of roughly 40% pro, 40% cho and 20% fat has been sustainable, allow me to go out, enjoy myself and still maintain a good physique. Of course, if I want to get leaner, I have to tighten the reigns substantially. I have found that it's best not to gain too much weight when "bulking". I see people gaining 20kg over the course of a year and think, yeah, that's not helping. And, it's definitely not all LBM.

No perfect diet but a good start is one you can maintain long term.

Diets that involve exclusion of whole food groups don't often last and are pretty much pointless anyway.

This! There are way to many tasty foods be be cutting them out all together

Self control and moderation goes along way

just don't get fat!!

if you start looking a little soft, go for a mini cut, 3-4 weeks, its enough if you don't have that much to lose

just don't get fat!!

if you start looking a little soft, go for a mini cut, 3-4 weeks, its enough if you don't have that much to lose

I don't start gaining muscle / strength unless I get a little fat. My set point is high though. I start feeling very strong / thick around 120kg but that's far too heavy for me for daily life.

Some people can make good gains at lower bodyfat levels, if you are a fat endomorph like me then you have to get a bit michelin man for a few months :D