• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

kaz

iLift
Patrik Baboumian — beefy only in one sense — tells audience of hundreds that strong men don’t need to eat meat.

eqajemag.jpg

Moments after apparently carrying more weight than anyone ever before, German strongman Patrik Baboumian let out a roar and a couple seemingly unlikely words: “Vegan power.”
The 34-year-old, who already holds world records for log lifts and overhead beer keg lifts, carried a yoke loaded with just over 550 kilograms 10 metres across a stage at the Harbourfront Centre on Sunday afternoon — at Toronto’s*Vegetarian Food Festival.According to organizers, it’s the heaviest load ever carried — equivalent to a large horse. (Guinness World Records spokesperson Sara Wilcox said the attempt was for a new record category, “heaviest yoke carry travelling 10 metres,” adding that Guinness can't verify the record until it receives documentation.)

“It’s a bit stupid to do things like that, it really hurts,” a breathless Baboumian said to the audience of several hundred afterward. But, the point is to inspire people and break stereotypes that tough guys need to eat a lot of meat, he said.

Baboumian, a longtime animal lover, became a vegetarian in 2006, he told the Star before the event. “One day, I just thought, if you see a bird with a broken leg, you really have the urge to do something about it and help the bird,” said Baboumian, wearing a T-shirt that read, “I am a vegan badass” and sporting mutton chops vaguely reminiscent of Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine from the*X-Men*films.
“Then, at the same time, you go to a restaurant and eat a chicken or something. It doesn’t make any sense.”In 2011, shortly after being named Germany’s strongest man, he went full-out vegan.“I just realized that if it’s really compassion that drives you, maybe it’s not enough just to stop eating animals but you maybe should boycott the whole animal industry, because … it’s not what you as a compassionate being would want. So actually you should go one step further and become vegan.”
Baboumian began bodybuilding as a young man in Germany after immigrating to the European country from Iran at age 7. He attributes his desire to be strong to the insecurity he experienced as a boy, born during the Iranian Revolution and raised through the Iran-Iraq War. “When bombing is going on, you see a lot of people screaming around you and you can’t do anything if you’re small,” he said. “You just want to break out of that and be strong.” The German strongman was joined on stage afterward for a Q&A with some other notable vegan tough guys, including retired UFC champ*James Wilks, former NHLer*Georges Laraque*and ultra-marathon star*Rich Roll.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...a_record_perhaps_at_vegetarian_food_fest.html

Each to his own, i love animals as well but i also love a big steak and couldnt survive without eating meat, human beings are carnivores and nothing beats a juicy big steak or roast!

Good on him though for doing what he believes in, much respect!

I didn't think anyone in a strength sport could survive without animal products.

So, he got strong then he went vegan?

No, you don't really need to eat meat to be strong. But it makes things a shitload easier.

Each to his own, i love animals as well but i also love a big steak and couldnt survive without eating meat, human beings are carnivores and nothing beats a juicy big steak or roast!

Good on him though for doing what he believes in, much respect!

Here Here

Most Vegans are fruit loops, similar to religious fanatics

I had a good conversation with one.
This nice chick I hired for the call centre, (no I didn’t fukka, left before I got the chance) turned out to be one, didn’t expect it, she was smashing scotches, vodkas and wine with me one for one and was off her nut but wouldn’t eat a piece of chicken.
So I asked her about this policy of hers, she was very open about it.
Basically, she thinks treating animals as livestock and eating them or extracting their product for consumption by humans is not right. It seemed more of an ethical thing for her rather than a dietary one. She thinks all the chickens and lambs should freely roam the jungle or wherever they come from. Not sure, by this stage I was calculating my chances of boning her that night.
Anyway, that’s the story on vegans, it’s a moral stance, nothing to do with health options.

The chicken and lambs and all the other tasty defenseless critters would be extinct if not for Human intervention via farming and the only reason to farm them is for eatin'

Last edited: