• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

anyone on medication similar to I have advice tramadol n celebrex

Atti

Hello, I am just starting beginer program.
I am on tramals and celebrex everyday for few injuries earlier last year. Was just wondering if anyone is in the same boat.

My goal is to get off them completely in 6 -12 months time but will they hinder my progress in the mean time.

I am 29 yo have scaphoid recon motorcross accident may have arthritis or what not but should not stop me lifting. Just 2 pins and a screw.

Last edited:
Taken Celebrex a couple of times in the past for damaged muscle, usually pulled/torn muscles. I found them superior to Voltarin in that celebrex didn't make me feel sick.

I had to cease nearly all muscle movement for a good few months to get over it.

what did your doctor say about body movement/exercise while you are recovering?

get off them as soon as possible!!!

make 100% sure to only have them after food

make sure to drink plenty of water every day and don't drink alcohol when taking them as it increases the risk of stomach/intestinal bleeding

I was on celebrex for 6 years after a motorbike accident.
At the end the side effects were worse than the problems I was taking them for.

Ended up switching to an aspirin a day - aspirin doesn't have the risk of causing serious heart problems like celebrex does.
celebrex can also cause fluid retention

Look at doing some yoga when you're healed up to get the flexibility back.

Im still on celebrex after back surgery 6 months ago. Once this script runs out, ill try just plain old nurofen.
I was on endone, valium & celebrex all at once for the first month, but got off them asap...
as [MENTION=11115]lex[/MENTION]; says, yoga will help asap, if not only for the rehab, but the optic

Yeah mate, dump em if you can. Tramadol really messed with me when I broke my wrist a few years back. I was on Panadeine but it was knocking me out so the doc went down the tramadol and oxy route. Both seriously levelled me.

@taurus Endone is some serious shit isn't it? Missus was on it after an emergency caeser for our eldest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

after the bike accident (98) with endone and tramadol I could punch a wall and not feel it but it wouldn't touch the pain in the fractures

Yeah mate, dump em if you can. Tramadol really messed with me when I broke my wrist a few years back. I was on Panadeine but it was knocking me out so the doc went down the tramadol and oxy route. Both seriously levelled me.

@taurus Endone is some serious shit isn't it? Missus was on it after an emergency caeser for our eldest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

endone is ridiculous. Not really a 'pain-killer' as such, but a mind & body numbness pill! That & the valium had me totally forgetting whole days & sections of the week. I don't remember going to get my scans, the ambulance or getting to hospital for the operation. Its easy to see how people can get addicted to those meds!

thanks i am well aware of the side effects, worse one is bad short term memory lost.. i've been in lala land for a good 12 months now last 9 months recovering from knee op and scrap of excess what ever it is in there and i am not a big fan of huge needles in my knee but it sure helps with pain. i am doing a PTC beginner program 3 times a week and other days i am doing tapout xt on rest days which has plyo and yoga lol mike kapenko sure has an annoying voice but its is a good whole body work out. Come and get it!

Last edited: