• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Master Lifter,80, Banned For Steroids

Insanity takes many forms;
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency is really cracking down on steroids in sports. First it was Lance Armstrong, and now an 80-year-old weightlifter?
Don Ramos, 80, of Colorado Springs, Colo., is the latest target of the USADA’s quest to clean up sports and ban substance abusers, according to a report from the Associated Press. Ramos tested positive for steroids while attempting to set a world record for his age group at the Pan American Masters Weightlifting Championships in June.
The USADA has suspended Ramos from competition for two years after his positive test, meaning the aging strongman can’t compete again until July 2015. The organization was contracted to test any athlete 35 years and older at the June championships, which were held in Chicago, Illinois.
This isn’t the first time that the USADA has suspended older participants from the weightlifting competition, though. Two years ago, the USADA suspended nine masters athletes for testing positive, which included one in his 50s and three in their 60s.

What a badass.

Don-Ramos.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

80yearold_crop_north.png

Imagine being in that shape and ability at 80 fucking years old.

Inb4 Big Mick's "steroids will kill you, I train at home" rant.

Suck shit ole timer....

I dont have anything against AAS in any way shape or form, what i do take offence to is when kunce choose to take AAS and cheat in a tested Fed when others do the right thing...

Going by the plates thats what... a 70-80kg snatch?

Looks like 75kg, I agree what a fucking legend. What a sweet life, retired, lift weights all day, pin some hormones to make you feel 20 again and then bone some widows that are 20 years younger.

The problem is there is no un-tested fed.

The lifters don't have choice.

He is obviously enjoying himself and is fitter and stronger than 99.9% or people 10yrs his junoir....but if you wanna compete then dont fuckin cheat.....

Last edited:
Testing 80 y/o's ?

Oh dear.

If you're at this stage in life and healthy, he should receive a green light.

Exactly.

He is probably on HRT, sitting at 17nmol, and people carry on like he is using tren and 1g of test lol.

There will ALWAYS be cheats if there is no other option......

it's only a matter of time before he stomps around on a roid rage, hitting, killing, divorcing and giving himself cancer

Looks like 75kg, I agree what a fucking legend. What a sweet life, retired, lift weights all day, pin some hormones to make you feel 20 again and then bone some widows that are 20 years younger.

THE MAN!

If youre going to compete, be clean. As simple as that