• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

GPC National Push/Pull 2013

kaz

iLift
The Push/Pull is exactly 3 months away today!
Who is thinking of competing? Who has already started prepping and anyone going to share programs they are running or numbers they are expecting to hit?

This will be the first push/pull I'll be missing in 4 years.

I'll be doing the GPC equipped classic the following weekend.

....... I say that now, but I'll probably end up doing both.
The record is held by fuzzy, 325kg at 100. I think I could have a shot at it.

Last edited:
If my bench is being nice round then I might give it a go. It's the week before the CAPO Deadlift Comp so I would leave a little bit on the deadlift but looking at the DL program I'll be running it calls for a single at 332.5kg so that would be what I'd go for I'd say.

I'm competing

For deadlift I am doing lots of stone loading, stiff-bar deadlifts, deficit pulls and axle deadlifts and most of the squatting I'll be doing is full depth jump squats and front squats with a CAT session for low bar once a week.

For bench, benching mostly. Reverse grip incline benching, overhead shit and log press. Lots of triceps work too. Long forearms, short humerus

I'm keeping the weights and my weight class a secret until pretty much the last week. I have good competition in all 3 potential weight classes so really it depends on which one I have the best chance of winning in.

I won't win shit, but might have a look at my plans to see if I can have a go...

Im going to be stepping out of my comfort zone with my training for the next few months. I wont be logging anything publicly just on my blog but might post it up at the end and post highlights along the way.
Have been chattinv to a few knowledgeable people who have given me some good ideas and Im excited about trying something new.
As for weight class, whatever the scale says on the day sets the class. After a shitty year of injury and illness I'll just be happy to even match States numbers.

I dont get the whole secret training/lifts/weightclasses bs tbh..

Neither do I. I want to be in the weight class that places me highest. That's why you compete right? It's a competition lol

Can't give specifics on weights because people are hilariously shit at missing goals and I find I do way better if I don't set any goals. I'd be very unlucky to not get 110/250 though

Neither do I. I want to be in the weight class that places me highest. That's why you compete right? It's a competition lol

Can't give specifics on weights because people are hilariously shit at missing goals and I find I do way better if I don't set any goals. I'd be very unlucky to not get 110/250 though

Pretty sure it's just overall results based off formula not weight class winners for the push/pull. Winning a weight class means nothing imo with all due respect.

oh ok
I assumed that it would be based on winning your weight class like full meets are
Better start getting leaner then lol

Pretty sure it's just overall results based off formula not weight class winners for the push/pull. Winning a weight class means nothing imo with all due respect.

At a non 3 lift meet it doesn't, but beating 5 guys in your weight class because you lifted more weight, not because you are lighter means a whole lot more imo.

I will most likely be doing this.

My training will be the same as my training for a 3 lift comp. Just keep picking stuff up and putting it down, lots of times and hopefully with more weight than the time before.

Will give it a crack, just want to out bench Trent, National BP record would be a bonus.

Might aim for a 120kg broken man deadlift.