• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

meatheads aren't doctors

Most doctors however will tell you to stop lifting lol, as if lifting anything heavy is the cause of the injury, as opposed to bad technique, or other underlying conditions.

Most doctors however will tell you to stop lifting lol, as if lifting anything heavy is the cause of the injury, as opposed to bad technique, or other underlying conditions.

yep and anyone over 35 should stick to gentle exercise like swimming or walking - been told this one twice this year

Its supposedly what they are told to say by their insurance companies so they don't get sued

"Paul, I contracted leprosy. I tried your 100 rep curls but my fingers all popped off. What should I do?"

lol i love it

This is where people go wrong. They go to a GP or some shitty Physio. Go to good sports doc or a Physio that deals with sports people. Tell them what you have wrong and what you need to get back to doing.

Exactly Baz, I have found most GP's have no clue or just don't give a squirt of goats piss about anything other than simple stuff, colds, asthma, prescribing needless shit. I said most, some do a give a shit and have an idea but most don't.

Yep, this, last time I went to a doctor, it turned out to be some skinny indian guy who asked me if I did steroids:) and that that could be the cause of my problem and that I probably lift too much weight and that it's bad for me.

I was just shaking my head:rolleyes:

Think about it from a GPs perspective. Patient comes in and says my back hurts when ever I squat. He thinks pretty simple, well don't fucking squat then.

Despite what powerlifters think life will still go on without squats.

Isn't not really the GPs fault they don't specialize in it. But they probably should refer you onto someone.

Last edited:
I had a doctor once who told me to "stop sitting down" when I went in and asked for diet pills.

My oesteopath is a legend.

Ive only ever seen him twice in three years.

Mine too. He prefers that I don't keep going back so gets the job done right in one or at most two treatments, unlike a lot of physios and chiros who make you report to them week after week, just 'for a checkup'..

Mine too. He prefers that I don't keep going back so gets the job done right in one or at most two treatments, unlike a lot of physios and chiros who make you report to them week after week, just 'for a checkup'..

So is mine she is a legend..