• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

k_21

Hi all,

Who here have or is a surfer and have had
significant results in terms of beer gut drop?

Or significant weight loss?

I think this would be an awesome hobby to take
up.

Comments pls.

Devante.

I don't think it is any better/worse than other physical endeavors.

If you enjoy it though you're more likely to do it.

hey mate, I surf at least once a week. It's great fitness but I didnt get abs from it. Only diet will help tone your core. Still a easy fun way to burn a few calories though

I don't really surf much.... but I do have a skateboard that was designed by surfers. So I street surf. Its great for fitness and middle core strength I have found.

It provides a similar motion to a surf board. Its great for cruising down an esplanade along the beach on a warm night or late afternoon...in fact anywhere that has a relatively smooth surface is ideal.
Here is a clip on the carver skateboards:
Monsta Carver . . . the ultimate surfing crosstrainer - YouTube

Last edited:
Lol... Its nothing like surfing...

Sport should be called paddling!!!!

Cause that's what you do 99.9% of the time!!!

I do surfing as well but I don't give full credit to surfing to have a lean body. I think that going to the gym is the major reason of me losing some weight than surfing although I would say that it could really help because you are burning significant calories while enjoying.

I used to surf alot. You do spend hours in the water, hence not eating regularly & not putting on weight!
Im too heavy now for my board, but its a great sport

I surf pretty often, and while it didn't necessarily improve the look of my abs, it does build a strong core because of balance. My arms, shoulders, and back on the other hand significantly got more lean and toned. I run regularly and do other exercises so it's a great combo to do all of these!

I guess it could be, you dont see too many fat surfers.....

^ this

I notice almost all of the Surfers have "bro physiques". You have to quarter or half Squat while surfing. You have to paddle out then push up to stand. So you are working a lot of Muscles, although not really building strength. I just don't see the point of dressing up like a Seal and floating out past Sand Bars and Points where Sharks like to feed.

Body surfin is where it's at Kuntz. Walking out through the break, waves crashing into your Chest, Legs driving. Then swimming furiously to catch that muthafucka wave. Then turn around and repeat. When the waves are constant it's a heavy breathing exercise. My Thighs, Lats, Medial and Anterior Delts are fatigued for Days afterward as I do try to make it a workout by being constantly active.

What about you [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION]; you strike me as a Surfer type. Do much Surfin around Perth?

Used to in my younger days. Was definitely a "beach bum" around 16-18, would be there from sun rise to sunset almost every day. Not so much any more, still have boards but don't get out much. I'm a bit pickier of when I go, waves in Perth are pretty shite unless you go a few hours north or south, plus there's always the shark factor, not that I really think much about that when I'm out there. Prefer to wake surf behind a boat, less work required and an endless wave. Or even wake boarding at the cable park but that's a decent drive from where I am now.

There's a place opening up near me soon that's an indoor wave pool, pretty keen to check that out and plans for an outdoor one that would have been a 5 minute walk from where I used to live but the older local residents are kicking up a fuss about the plans so it might​be a while before that goes ahead.

Paddling in itself can be pretty demanding, plus the core work from all the stability required. It's one of those fun types of "active rest" I guess. Get a workout without thinking about it

What's the etiquette of dropping in on someone on a Wave [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION]; ? If you're the first person on the Wave and they come in in front of you, they're dropping in aren't they ........ so you can punch them in the back of the Head?