• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
People are going to beat around the bush on this one but the long and short is that it allows you to lift more weight - that's why people wear them

Why don't you give one a go....like everything in this sport/lifestyle, everyone responds differently...find what works for you.
More relevant to your question, I wear a belt because I feel more secure with one, and have the confidence to lift more.

Why don't you give one a go....like everything in this sport/lifestyle, everyone responds differently...find what works for you.
More relevant to your question, I wear a belt because I feel more secure with one, and have the confidence to lift more.

I sure will be eventually, i was just wondering what it does for ya though, i assume it just tightens up your innards a bit.. Cant wait to get my BN protein this week :) Will be working harder then

Gives you something to push against. Yeah, haha. But that's basically it.

If you can maintain that kind of force without one, go for it. Some do.

Most big lifters, and a damn lot of little ones too, use a belt. Mostly just for heavy working sets, max effort, etc.

Anyone who is regularly competing please:

1.) Do you pause bench or you touch and go or a little bit of both (everyday workout)?

2.) Do you use straps for dead lift (everyday workout) for 5's for example?

Any advice and opinion would be highly appreciated, thanks.

Pause the first rep of ever set, minimum.

Never use straps..... The only exception is if you tear your hand open.

I personally try and pause as many as I can. The last couple in a set always seem to be TNG.

I personally try and pause as many as I can. The last couple in a set always seem to be TNG.

Pause the first rep of ever set, minimum.

Never use straps..... The only exception is if you tear your hand open.

Thank you guys, I had a feeling that the answers would be like that.

I always paused every single reps but I kinda got sick of it. And yes, I used straps, I am guilty. :(

Guess what... its me again.

How to train one week before the competition? I have 7 more days left till my first ever meet (novice); how should I and what should I train in the last week/days?

Any advice would be really appreciated, guy, thanks.

I don't compete anymore, But if you do or are going to in the future, and im assuming its powerlifting, then and this is just my personal opinion, but train how you compete, eg pause your benches, no straps for deads etc after that main work you can do touch n go shit etc but get into the habit of lifting how you will in a comp if that makes sense.

Guess what... its me again.

How to train one week before the competition? I have 7 more days left till my first ever meet (novice); how should I and what should I train in the last week/days?

Any advice would be really appreciated, guy, thanks.

What were the last couple of weeks like leading up to this week?
If you have been doing heavy sets of 3 or 2 or 1 reps, then take the week off to rest.

If you must do something, then just do 50% of the weight you were doing and do only do 1 or 2 sets of say 6-8 reps.
Don't do any lifting in the last 3 days before the comp.
If the comp is this saturday, then today should be the last session of lifting you should do.

But if you are like 18 and a complete novice then do whatever the hell you like.. lol