• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your shopping bill - Tips on saving/ current specials

Hey this is my first post im new to the ausbb but pattons big gun butcher is always cheap like yesterday I got 4kg chicken breast for 25 bucks, aldi is where I shop as well.

Farmer's markets seem to be pretty much the same price as my local fruit and veg store (which is cheaper than the big 2)

I'd definitely invest in a big freezer. I always buy in bulk e.g. 5kg of fish for $30. Lots of frozen veg too.

Live off the basics of meat, veg & fruit. Get your sauces and stuff from Aldi.

BUY IN BULK!

Woolworths has 4L Moro Olive Oil Tins for $15 this week - Thats half price and a great deal

Ive been looking into buying a beef by the carcass, works out about $450 for 400 odd KG of meat in all cuts, from scotch fillet, T bones and mince

Bought a new chest freezer for $200 last year so i will pack it out

This reminds me I should probably shop at the farmer's market. They seem to be slightly cheaper and have better quality. Like their lamb chops have barely any visible fat, but Coles is covered in it. I usually shop at Coles out of laziness and habit but their 'Down Down' stuff is a lie because everything keeps going up.

Woolworths has 4L Moro Olive Oil Tins for $15 this week - Thats half price and a great deal

Ive been looking into buying a beef by the carcass, works out about $450 for 400 odd KG of meat in all cuts, from scotch fillet, T bones and mince

Who is the meat through?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

I will guarantee that that is not 400kg of actual meat for $450. As thats less than what the farmers gets for the animal and not including butchering costs. will be the carcass and even that sounds a bit too low.

Actually you wouldnt even get a 400kg live animal for $450.

Last edited:
I will guarantee that that is not 400kg of actual meat for $450. As thats less than what the farmers gets for the animal and not including butchering costs. will be the carcass and even that sounds a bit too low.

Actually you wouldnt even get a 400kg live animal for $450.

il double check and post back, bloke was from Oberon NSW

Ozbargain for sure. if your only intersted in the "food" side of things check out Food & Grocery Deals and Coupons - OzBargain otherwise the whole site is great!

Markets for fruit and veg. rents go to flemington markets at least 1 a fortnight.

Aldi for staples. Most of there lines come from leading companies anyway - eg chicken produced by inghams, bread by tip top and buttercup. Their organic pasta sauce is by far my favourite item they stock, closely followed by their chocolate. pasta, rice, softdrink all great too. As with anything they have the odd product that isn't amazing but overall you can get 90% of your stuff there.

Costco again is great for bulk items that you want in brand names - cleaning products, sauces etc etc. if your up for it you can do flemington markets and costco in one hit.

Meat - buying in bulk is the way to go but I haven't found a butcher out west (penrith area) to buy from yet - not that i've put much effort into looking.

Buy specials in bulk if it is stuff you buy anyway, if deodorant is half price I buy a box of them, as I use them anyway, I would rather pay $3 than $6 each.

I go to my local butcher an buy a whole rump, and I get it for around $9-12 per kilo for black angus beef, and its bloody delicious, well worth it.

I'm allergic to supermarkets but my wife keeps raving about Aldi and the savings she makes there.