• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much P/C/F are you ppl eating?

Mitch86

Just curious how much P/C/F you're eating, what weight you are, and whether it's to maintain, lose or gain.

Do you have a general rule like X amount of protein per kilo of weight?

I've never counted calories or macros, I eat by portion size and always to at least maintain muscle mass.
I never do cutting or bulking, I prefer to call it building.

Minimums currently, 150/250/50 P/C/F, 25g fibre, but my calories are actually 2700-2800 a day, I just hit all my minimums then fill the rest with whatever really..
I'm only 71-72 kgs, not really bulking as such, but eating to ensure I have energy for good performances in the gym.. I am doing some pretty hard Olympic weightlifting workouts, plus lots of ring work/bodyweight type stuff (with added weight) on off days.. To keep my arms and chest basically

I've never counted calories or macros, I eat by portion size and always to at least maintain muscle mass.
I never do cutting or bulking, I prefer to call it building.

I'm not looking at, and probably never will, 'cutting' or 'bulking' with the exception of the next year or so as I want to get to 100ish kg and just stay there. So you basically eat in a way, check whether you lose or gain muscle, and then adjust the size of meals you're eating?

Minimums currently, 150/250/50 P/C/F, 25g fibre, but my calories are actually 2700-2800 a day, I just hit all my minimums then fill the rest with whatever really..
I'm only 71-72 kgs, not really bulking as such, but eating to ensure I have energy for good performances in the gym.. I am doing some pretty hard Olympic weightlifting workouts, plus lots of ring work/bodyweight type stuff (with added weight) on off days.. To keep my arms and chest basically

Ah yes, fibre, I'd forgotten to look at that. My suggested amounts are a fair bit higher than yours but I weigh 20kg more. What you do is probably what I'd like to do, aim for those minimums and then enjoy whatever in moderation.

I'm not looking at, and probably never will, 'cutting' or 'bulking' with the exception of the next year or so as I want to get to 100ish kg and just stay there. So you basically eat in a way, check whether you lose or gain muscle, and then adjust the size of meals you're eating?

I've had many years to get to know my body Mitch and I dare say that the amount and what I eat doesn't change to any considerable degree from day to day.

How can one expect to keep making gains if they do not increase macros in conjunction with lean body mass gains?

Must be on dat dere goatweed!!!

Kidding, good work though, I'd agree that if tracking macros is too tedious, and you been training and dieting for ever then, you probably are aware enough to do what your doing!!
Happiness is the goal...

Currently on 3600 and fucking starving.

Dropping weight a little quick, so might up to 4000

This makes me laugh. I am on a similar ratio at 3200 cals per day. I go to bed each night almost crook coz I couldn't possibly fit another thing in.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Haha.

Well coming down from 5000-6000 I'm certainly feeling it.

Morning weight is 95.9 now down from 98.

another kilo and ill up my intake again.