• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Capo Nationals Hobart 2013

Interesting how people seem to only focus on the negative points & not mention any of the good points...

Yeah not meaning to take anything away from the actual National comp. Some great lifting but the aussies. And you being no exception Naparm.

Dave you should have seen the live stream.

People ripping into the comp.

Without being there, unfortunately you can only see what the stream shows - Most of it was not a good look for Aus PL.
At one stage there were young girls that looked about 6-8 years old dancing on the platform like strippers.

Like I said, I was very impressed by Hawthorne, Lilly, Lowe and yourself - But things like Benni pulling in board shorts takes away from all of that.

I was with AJ and Gracie and none of us could work out what was going on half the time.

There were about 8 lifters through the 3 flights that if I know the rules well enough should have been red lighted before they even stepped onto the platform due to having incorrect equipment etc

Dave you should have seen the live stream.

People ripping into the comp.

Without being there, unfortunately you can only see what the stream shows - Most of it was not a good look for Aus PL.
At one stage there were young girls that looked about 6-8 years old dancing on the platform like strippers.

Like I said, I was very impressed by Hawthorne, Lilly, Lowe and yourself - But things like Benni pulling in board shorts takes away from all of that.

Yeah I didn't see the stream obviously, that's a shame if it came across in a bad way. As a lifter I had no dramas with anything regarding the way the meet was run.
Ps. Benni is a fucking legend! Had a non stop day of laughter & talking shit with him. Highlight of the trip for me.

looking for results.

Got these from pro raw site

George McLaren 952.5kg@SHW
Alex Lowe 845kg@100kg
Sebastian Oreb 735kg@90kg
David Parmiter 732.5kg@90kg
Matt Middleton 760kg@100kg
Ange Galati 640kg@75kg

I think most of these totals are raw without wraps.

Last edited:
looking for results.

Got these from pro raw site

George McLaren 952.5kg@SHW
Alex Lowe 845kg@100kg
Sebastian Oreb 735kg@90kg
David Parmiter 732.5kg@90kg
Matt Middleton 760kg@100kg
Ange Galati 640kg@75kg

I think most of these totals are raw without wraps.

All were without wraps except Ange

Who will be first Aussie to reach 1000kg raw (no wraps), probably would be odell, but mcclaren is a great talent.

Wow, you have also made some improvement. 732.5kg well done.

There are a lot of national CAPO records there.