• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Capo Nationals Hobart 2013

You don't get much deeper than Alex lol.
Middleton seemed very conservative.

Anyone know what Sebastian totaled

I too was watching the comments.
Not much love for Trentin and his training partner from scorpions gym.

Was up drinking with Kirill & the boys till 7am this morning. He got stabbed a few weeks ago & was brave to compete at all. That's why he was well below his best. Will update more after I get some sleep.
Ps Scotty Seb went 735kg (beat me by 2.5kg).
Cheers.

Fuck, he got stabbed?

In that case just showing up was good of him.

Your pulls were awesome.

Thanks mate, squats felt terrible I didn't adjust at all to squatting in the huge arena I think. Pissed I missed the 333 dead too.
That's how it goes but...

Yeah just disappointed I stuffed up my total. On the plus side I'm hanging with Benni all day today :)

I also got the impression that Benny didnt give a hoot, and basically gave up on that deadlift, he got the 400 and entry to the battle of champions. There was no competition as such, and no real reason to give his all.

And not sure of the CAPO / wpa rules, but heaps of heads up during bench and dropped / uncontrolled putdowns on deadlifts.

Was a pitty Odell missed that 410, obvious grip issues, removing several calluses from his hand on the 400, He had a rushed comp prep, (2 weeks), The 400 at GPC nats looked heaps easier for him.

Was an awesome, but very long day of lifting!

I was super impressed by the interstate lifters.

Agreed that the rails started to come off after 5pm when it was obvious the comp was going to run a few hours over, which sucked because I was very amped to see Benni deadlift in person, and seeing him unmotivated like that was a bit of a let down. Big Odell was amazing though!

Sucks that Wayne and Parkmonster got injured so early :(

Last edited:
For most of the women, they used a 30kg squat bar instead of the women's 25kg one so everyone's opening attempts were 5kg heavier than they were supposed to lol

I think you mean 20kg bar not 25kg.

Nobody has 30kg bars.

They made the same error at my last capo comp.

A few of us missed the big boys benching and pulling because the comp went so overtime and we had to leave to catch flights. Not really happy about that. And from what I heard Spiz and some of the other spotter/loaders were trying to hurry things up but were told to pull their heads in and let the comp run as it was.

A few of us missed the big boys benching and pulling because the comp went so overtime and we had to leave to catch flights. Not really happy about that. And from what I heard Spiz and some of the other spotter/loaders were trying to hurry things up but were told to pull their heads in and let the comp run as it was.

It looked like the international lifters were intentionally slowing it right down, there should be no downtime between flights, there was close to 10 minutes between second/third flights each time.

Interesting how people seem to only focus on the negative points & not mention any of the good points...

Interesting how people seem to only focus on the negative points & not mention any of the good points...

Yeah, it didn't really bother me, although i'm not full speed on how Powerlifting Comps are run. I was pretty impressed with the whole thing. /shrug

Man that sucks...

I felt very sorry for the spotters and loaders, apparently it was the same group of guys on the platform all day, that's how it usually happens though I guess! Had I not been suffering a repository tract infection I would have jumped up there and assisted instead of wheezing in the bleachers.