• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Capo Nationals Hobart 2013

I can't believe benni was competing in a singlet, board shorts and socks.

Im honestly speechless, embarrassed and dissapointed for Australian powerlifting.

Richard was awesome, through being allowed 4min plus after the bar was loaded is silly.... Especially as it was a all time WR.

I can't believe benni was competing in a singlet, board shorts and socks.

Im honestly speechless, embarrassed and dissapointed for Australian powerlifting.

Richard was awesome, through being allowed 4min plus after the bar was loaded is silly.... Especially as it was a all time WR.

I was shocked at the amount of time spent waiting between lifts, especially the time between the second and third flight.

Because benni didn't even want to be there.

I would feel very disrespected if someone tried to do that at my meet.

Ah I see what you mean. After he pulled 400 there was a lot of discussion and I was pretty sure I saw him gesture that he was finished, as if he wanted his qualification and that was it. He didn't exactly fight for the 420 but who knows what the story was.

I was also disappointed by Benni. If powerlifters themselves don't take the sport seriously, how can you expect the wider public to?

The Americans and the Russian were very entertaining to watch. Kiril is a monster. What was the story with Malanichev?

Also such a long day, 3 flights was a killer! That being said, i was watching from the comfort of my home, must have been epic long for those that were there. I do like the way PA ran its 'super' flight, much more entertaining for the audience.

Nothing more shits me off than an exemption of regard for the rules for a few. Refs should have stopped him from competing.

I really feel for Wayne.
This comp had the ingredients to be one of the best comps in the history f powerlifting. Period.

But with Wayne injured who was expected to go 1000+ raw.
Dave park injured, would have gone low-mid 900's.
benni in socks and beach wear.
Krill benching like 70kg under his best.
4+ min between attempts

It all adds up and takes away from what the comp could have been.

He did an awesome job at promoting the event (my favorite was all the internationals saying hi vid), but with the exception of a few, from what it looked like on the feed they just seemed to treat it as a holiday instead of the best comp in Australian history.

Hawthorne, Lilly (except his lock outs on deads), alex lowe, and Parmiters pull were the stand outs for me......

I was watching comments feed closely and lot of complaint overseas about how long last session went with three flights.

Pretty hard to expect anyone to pay close attention to session going 7 hours, even for a local.

I thought Alex Lowe did well, and had an interest in local boy (Matt Middleton) who did very well as well.

I do prefer lifters who lift raw (no wraps) and squat deep though.