• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lower Back "pop" Yesterday

@trofuis; mate, no good... Sorry to hear about your back also... Any news on that?

I will go seek a referral for a CT, you can never take to many precautions really...

So another trip to the physio today, been feeling considerably better over the past 2 days and good news almost all round, the spasm in my back has all but disappeared, my ROM in my hamstrings is significantly improved and im in much less pain than what i was tuesday this week.

Today's physio session:

* Heat pack
* More time with electronic muscular stimulation
* Deep tissue / muscle fibre release massage
* Various stretching / Specific strengthening exercises

Another appt booked for next tuesday.

Still no training at this stage - feeling like a bit of a fat / lazy kunce but i will be better off for it come the end of rehab.

Tight hamstrings is a major contributor to back pain. Left long enough, minor back pain can become major back pain. Hip flexors is another one.

Went and watched the PTC novice comp over the weekend which made me feel like lifting but stayed strong - doctors orders, still no lifitng...

Still completing all stretching work 3 x daily.. Feeling good, still not 100% but leaps ahead of how i felt a week ago...

Back to physio tomorrow hopefully for the OK to go back to training even if its only at 25% of normal weight will be better than feeling like a slacker...

Thanks @kaz; I'm sticking to physio's orders, had to re-schedule todays appointment to tomorrow at 2:20 so im hoping after that i get the OK to go back to training at 25% or something..

Im honestly feeling quite good, definitely not 100% though...

Off to physio this afternoon peeps, still not confident enough to go back to doing any lifitng, especially no back work, i feel like if i was to do a 25% 1RM deadlift / squat that would be enough weight to cause a re-injury.

Could just be me getting inside my own head but definitely going to raise my concerns with the physio this afternoon, i feel like maybe an alignment from a chiro would be a good idea and possibly as [MENTION=1769]trofius[/MENTION]; suggested go to the GP for a referral for a CT scan.

Really just want to know that im "in the clear" before i start lifting again...

Its frustrating not being able to but the last thing i want is an early return followed by an early exit for a longer period due to the same thing...

So, physio yesterday afternoon and VERY happy to report i am feeling MUCH better and have the OK to go back to training, upper body only, no squats or deads, another appt saturday @ 11am.
Going to train a few sessions @ 50% to make sure there are no issues, following that will increase if feeling confident and dont experience any dramas.

Over a week gone and passed since the original incident, have loosened up hamstrings and improved ROM significantly, spazm in back (caused by sprain) has all but disappeared. Turns out I have a slightly rotated pelvis on my right hand side due to poor ROM (formerly in hamstrings) and also foremost in my right quad (which is apparently really tight) and the "pop" i heard was my sacroilliac joint and its nothing to be overly concerned about once my flexibility / ROM improves that will disappear.

Spoke to physio RE: chiro alignment, he said to me "you can have all the alignments under the sun its not going to help" which of course made sense once i was given the diagnosis as its obviously a muscular inbalance issue so i now have more stretches to do, some pelvic floor exercises and also some core exercises to do 2/3 x per day. He then proceeded to say "if you want an alignment, i'll give you an alignment like you've never had" which made me laugh but sure enough he did give me an alignment while i was there and i do feel much better, and much more confident with my back in comparison to this time last week.

Hopefully Saturday i will get the OK to go back to leg work / squatting / deadlifting but that has been discontinued for now.

Looking forward to lifting today.

Thanks to all peeps for reading / following / posting in this thread, all advice was taken on board and well wished etc much appreciated. Fingers crossed for the all clear come Saturday.

Will post up how i go after next session

Cheers

Yeah went really well @Skrek; [MENTION=9034]kaz[/MENTION]; very happy to be back into training... Still just going to go light (around 50%) for a week and ease back into it.

I have another appointment tomorrow, hopefully i get the ok to go back to squatting and deadlifting... Feeling much more confident within myself about the whole thing...

Off to physio again this afternoon, hopefully to get the OK to go back to squatting / deadlifting so probably wont train today.

Will post up how i go after i've finished there, appt is at 1:40 this afternoon, fingers crossed for the all clear - to be honest im feeling good, i would now say i feel confident enough within myself to go back to squatting / deadlifting but its not up to me, never the less fingers crossed for the all clear...

How'd you go? Get the all clear?

Yeah mate got the all clear... Still got lots of specific strengthening exercises to do along with a stretching routine but I feel good.... Going to train back in about an hour at about 75% (only 50% for deads though) will post up session later in my training log after I get home...