• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pullup / Chinups - Increasing Reps

@Bazza20 I think you missed the sarcasm in my last post..... Did you even read my initial post ? I'm not trying to do 'chins' as you call them or chinups, I'm focusing on pullups and specifically wide grip. It is not like I can't do a single pullup, I can do quite a few... more than most people I would think. I'm seeking advice from people who have experience in this area on how to pass a sticking point that i'm currently at. Your one line answers are not helpful at all to me and anyone else in this situation. If you have knowledge in this area please share it but elaborate.

@jj80 thanks for the advice mate.

@Bazza20 I think you missed the sarcasm in my last post..... Did you even read my initial post ? I'm not trying to do 'chins' as you call them or chinups, I'm focusing on pullups and specifically wide grip. It is not like I can't do a single pullup, I can do quite a few... more than most people I would think. I'm seeking advice from people who have experience in this area on how to pass a sticking point that i'm currently at. Your one line answers are not helpful at all to me and anyone else in this situation. If you have knowledge in this area please share it but elaborate.

Sorry sarcasm often doesn't translate well through text.

Chins, pull ups, what ever. Get good at one and you will be pretty good at the other.

Well I managed to get over 20 pull ups as well chins at 100kg BW by doing nothing fancy. Just doing chins or pull ups a few times a week. I don't think there is any need to get fancy with this.

Last edited:

Don't be a tool.

Sorry sarcasm often doesn't translate well through text.

Chins, pull ups, what ever. Get good at one and you will be pretty good at the other.

Well I managed to get over 20 pull ups as well chins at 100kg BW by doing nothing fancy. Just doing chins or pull ups a few times a week. I don't think there is any need to get fancy with this.

Ok thanks for your info I will take it on board, looks like the majority are suggesting increasing volume which I will do. 20 @ 100kg is impressive.

Silverback, I wasn't being a tool simply asking for an explanation.