• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tested - Bulk Nutrients WPC

myst

I requested two more test kits to test some BN WPC, I seem to be the only one around here drinking the stuff.

Choc Mint WPC - Purchased 15/04/2013
Banana WPC - Purchased 18/06/2013

7yfb.jpg

mizx.jpg

l687.jpg

f3a9.jpg

fuoa.jpg

ph7d.jpg

Cheers.

Cool I have some WPI from BN dating back to November 2012, just waiting on a test kit and a protein order for them and I will post my results, don't expect any issues just another one to add to the list of ones tested I guess.

Myst, how does choc mint taste?

I just bought 10kg of WPC from BN.
Need to go through all the flavours to find what tastes good.

I don't like their choc mint. Was too fake sweet for me. Got a 5kg bag am struggling to use.
Chocolate is OK, hard to get that wrong I would've thought.
REALLY like their vanilla and banana a lot though!

I LOVE choc mint, seriously I would almost die without it. Have it on my wheat bix in the morning, mixed with sultanas and almonds, my favourite meal of the day hands down.

I'm a die hard mint fan though, whether it be chewing gum, freddo frogs etc.

I hearing you, chocolate isn't chocolate without mint... just can't stomach the BN version, plus if you let it settle, has this oily sheen float to the top. Could be just my batch :p

I don't like their choc mint. Was too fake sweet for me. Got a 5kg bag am struggling to use.
Chocolate is OK, hard to get that wrong I would've thought.
REALLY like their vanilla and banana a lot though!

This. Their choc mint tastes chemically and I was glad when the bag was finished. Banana is amazing though, so I guess I should try their vanilla.

Cookies and cream taste ok?

That's the word, 'chemically' or artificial and very fake sweet. Haven't tried the C&C... still got 10kg+ to get through :/

That's the word, 'chemically' or artificial and very fake sweet. Haven't tried the C&C... still got 10kg+ to get through :/

Stay safe Stew, 10 more kgs is going to be a nightmare.

I actually found that having the choc mint in water made it taste abit more natural compared to having it with milk.

Stay safe Stew, 10 more kgs is going to be a nightmare.

I actually found that having the choc mint in water made it taste abit more natural compared to having it with milk.

I've actually stopped having protein so much as a result! Only making the pain longer lol.

Only ever had it with water, so it ain't getting any better. Do you get that "detergent" like oil sheen on top? I suspect that it is some sort of oil or essence used for the mint flavouring that is the culprit on all fronts.

Anyway this isn't to slag off BN. I am a big fan of the banana and vanilla, though to be honest - they taste very similar and I can't pick the difference unless I check what bag it came from.

I went through 10kg of C&C this year, wasn't bad, nothing compares to my precious though :D

Now the vanilla flavour, a work mate who sits three meters behind me opens his bag and I can smell it instantly.

Seeing as you have the complete opposite scenario, maybe the flavouring additives vary batch to batch. I imagine some of these sweeteners/flavourings are pretty strong, so a bit touchy and even the slightest amount extra might have a big impact. Kind of like too much straight stevia.

I'll post this speaking from personal opinion here and not for the company.

Take of this what you will as I'm sure it will be hard to see through posting from the company account.

I, myself, Nick, love the Choc Mint personally. Our first go of this was absolutely shithouse though. Bloody hell, even I drilled into Ben about it. It was mouthwash. Mint, yes, but the wrong type. There's mouth wash mint or there's dessert type mint.

We switched to the correct type after this mistake and we have only had mostly positive reviews. So much so now that the description of this from customers on our Facebook page is "liquid Mint Slice biscuits." I have got to agree. Even similarly to those Aero choc mint bars.

Cookie's and Cream should have been named Scotch Finger biscuits. This is the nickname given to this now from customers. Very similar from smell to taste.

However, I do not like our Strawberry and don't like our Vanilla.

No taste buds are the same. To me it is ridiculous that no one would like our Choc Mint as I can't personally fault it but then we have regular buyers of our Vanilla (top of the list seller with Chocolate) and also our Strawberry and I think that THEY are insane! lol.

The beauty of opinions and tastes I guess.

I'll post this speaking from personal opinion here and not for the company.

Take of this what you will as I'm sure it will be hard to see through posting from the company account.

I, myself, Nick, love the Choc Mint personally. Our first go of this was absolutely shithouse though. Bloody hell, even I drilled into Ben about it. It was mouthwash. Mint, yes, but the wrong type. There's mouth wash mint or there's dessert type mint.

We switched to the correct type after this mistake and we have only had mostly positive reviews. So much so now that the description of this from customers on our Facebook page is "liquid Mint Slice biscuits." I have got to agree. Even similarly to those Aero choc mint bars.

Cookie's and Cream should have been named Scotch Finger biscuits. This is the nickname given to this now from customers. Very similar from smell to taste.

However, I do not like our Strawberry and don't like our Vanilla.

No taste buds are the same. To me it is ridiculous that no one would like our Choc Mint as I can't personally fault it but then we have regular buyers of our Vanilla (top of the list seller with Chocolate) and also our Strawberry and I think that THEY are insane! lol.

The beauty of opinions and tastes I guess.

I recall actually liking mouth wash mint, but to me it doesn't really matter if it's minty I'm all over it!

And yes people who like Vanilla or Strawberry are mental!

Does WPI come in Choc Mint and if so how does it compare.

I want Choc Mint damn it.

Does WPI come in Choc Mint and if so how does it compare.

I want Choc Mint damn it.

Shrek,

All flavours are both in WPI and WPC.
If you haven't yet used our form to obtain free samples, why not take the opportunity rather than be left with something you don't like?

Free samples form is found on the front of our website.
Any issues or questions, email us at technical@bulknutrients.com.au or PM us.

Cheers.

It's funny you say that because I bought a kilo of Choc Mint WPI in Jan 2012 which I enjoyed a lot, particularly on ice cream. I then bought 10kg of Choc Mint WPC in July 2012 which I really disliked. Very toothpastey. And 10 kilos took a long time to get through...

Though I also noticed that the vanilla WPI changed, I used to really like it as it was just like a vanilla milkshake, though when I bought 5kg of it in Nov 2012 it was very different to how it used to be. Possibly as it was USA source? If I recall, it used to be a very fine white powder, but this is more of a clumpy yellow. It has more of a chemical tang aftertaste. I'd say it's closer to the Vanilla WPC than WPI if you compared the two from when I first started buying around late 2011 I think.