• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking for Protein

iBug

Okay guys looking for a new protein powder currently. Have about 1kg of NB Vanilla WPI left and honestly cant be fucked testing and going for a refund or exchange so I'm just going to use it.

Anyways looking for a new protein source, I know half the members on this forum are going all Walter White on the purity of the protein that you guys are using. So my question is which company's SO FAR are still looking good for protein, because currently I only have Bulk Nutrients, and although I do purchase things off them currently, I would like to feel as though I kinda have more choice rather than just them.

Cheers

Any of the glossy label brands seem to be fine and pass the tests, Max's, Universal Nutrition, Optimum Nutrition etc etc

I did some research and bought a tub of Vanilla Universal Nutrition Ultra Whey Pro as a result, here are my reasonings:

- Not a proprietary blend, ingredients are disclosed on the container (this was one of the main reasons I chose it)
- WPC/WPI blend
- About the same price as BN WPI which is $79 plus around $10 delivery ($89), for $85 including delivery I got 5lb (2.3kg) of protein delivered with a free (?) shaker and a Universal Nutrition T-shirt.

However I have also ordered a few KG of BN WPC which should be here Friday.

One thing ive noticed... Years ago i bought a tub of Max's WPC in banana, it tasted dam good

ive never liked the BN flavors, so i got the plain stuff and do my own, but i have about 5kg of flavored lying around

Maybe because i mix in water, but dam its pretty ruff... Ive been trying to have 1 2 scoop shake a day due to me dropping the calories back but far out... Il do it in 300Ml of water and chug it in one go

Do all these expensive ones taste good?

i recall a tub of Horelys Strawberry WPI that tasted like heaven, but its was like $70 a kg or something stupid

Last edited:
Just requested some WPI sample from BN, Maybe i fi start drinking these more often its worth the extra $10 a bag for the WPI, Said to taste better

Well I was never a huge fan of the BN flavours, thats when I was using NB and we all know how that ended.

Had Max's protein powder before and the taste was heaven, but was expensive, have the Universal Nutrition Vanilla now and only had one shake before bed last night in Unsweetened Almond Milk and tasted pretty good.

Why don't you have it in milk or try skim milk or almond milk?? Tastes a whole lot better, pretty sure 200ml of milk won't kill you, not a fan of shakes in water either.

Have 1kg of BN Vanilla and 1kg of Cookies and Cream WPC on order, will see how it tastes, had a cookies and cream sample a while back and was not 100% impressed as the taste was too weak IMO. Will give it a serious run and see once it gets here.

It is pretty serious for those that have been buying the stuff, would love to see the persons responsible prosecuted and made to answer some difficult questions in a Court of Law:)

Or the steriod section if you're looking at combining chicken and beef.......:eek:

Haha..

It is pretty serious for those that have been buying the stuff, would love to see the persons responsible prosecuted and made to answer some difficult questions in a Court of Law:)

Haha..

Can you imagine all the angry bodybuilders standing outside of court, wanting to hold them responsible... :D Probably the last community of people you would want to piss off!

Can you imagine all the angry bodybuilders standing outside of court, wanting to hold them responsible... :D Probably the last community of people you would want to piss off!

Haha that would be funny, roid rage and all:p

One thing ive noticed... Years ago i bought a tub of Max's WPC in banana, it tasted dam good

ive never liked the BN flavors, so i got the plain stuff and do my own, but i have about 5kg of flavored lying around

Maybe because i mix in water, but dam its pretty ruff... Ive been trying to have 1 2 scoop shake a day due to me dropping the calories back but far out... Il do it in 300Ml of water and chug it in one go

Do all these expensive ones taste good?

i recall a tub of Horelys Strawberry WPI that tasted like heaven, but its was like $70 a kg or something stupid

Max's SUPER WHEY Banana is really nice, also MP COMBAT (any falvour) is awesome.

Having said that, i have tried BN, Venom etc and of all the No Name bulk places and i didn't like them at all.

BULK POWDERS is by far the best tasting, nearly comparable to the best NAME brands.

Max's SUPER WHEY Banana is really nice, also MP COMBAT (any falvour) is awesome.

Having said that, i have tried BN, Venom etc and of all the No Name bulk places and i didn't like them at all.

BULK POWDERS is by far the best tasting, nearly comparable to the best NAME brands.
Can't go past Max's Banana Super Whey. Good Value and the whey comes from Australia and NZ!!

Super Whey 4kg - 100% Pure Whey Protein by Max'sn Bodybuilding Supplements | Super Whey by Max's

Then again it's probably not cut with cheap fillers like maltodextrin or skim milk powder, so it may be worth it for peace of mind.

$33.00/kg for a blended protein is not good value sorry.
Whey Protein Bodybuilding Supplements | Super Whey BIGGEST BULK BUY by Max's

Could go bigger and it's $29/kg. As you said, for peace of mind knowing that it's 80% protein and is sourced from reliable dairy manufacturers make it good value. Not to mention it tastes unreal and has a vitamin mineral blend. Also, worth noting that Amino Active (Max's) would source their protein from the same dairy companies as BN etc. So you're pretty much paying a little extra for them to blend it with delicious flavours and add the micronutrients. Hence why $29/kg isn't the worst value.