• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulking on a budget

Mate i would probably scrap the milk and buy just milk powder, Mix it really concentrated, it should taste like a malted milk drink!! YUMO!

get 5kg of pasta for the week for about $4, then spend the rest on cheap grade mince meat and canned tomatoes, borwn the mince, Add tomates and cook down for a hour till its nice and thick, salt it and your done, if you ahve a spare $2 or so get some fresh basil and onion and add it in.

Eat a fuck load of spaghetti bolognese and wash down with a glass of milk

you can get the 3kg mince for about $5 i think in the cheaper grade

Id also go steal... I mean buy a bottle of multi vitamins

Good luck mate, Mabey throw a few extra things in your basket when you use the self serve check out. After all, your not trained to use them so how are you spose to know if 2kg of fresh slalom ends up not scanned.

Quick question, How did you come to $20 a week. are you under 15 and living of parents pocket money, or are you like my mates who earn $1000 a week and put $700 in the pokies, $200 on beer and being a real tight arse all week and eating 2 min noodles for dinner

If you need budget help ect drop me a PM * Im more then happy to help out with some pro bono Financial Planning advice

Mate i would probably scrap the milk and buy just milk powder, Mix it really concentrated, it should taste like a malted milk drink!! YUMO!

I actually crunched the numbers on this and milk @ $1/litre is actually cheaper then buying milk powder. You get more cals and protein per $ buying it as milk.

Using woolies prices, dunno if you can get super cheap powder milk from Aldi or something???

[MENTION=8663]Sydking[/MENTION]; don't think dirty muffs cost much to munch on!:D

Home brand tuna chunks in springwater $5.32 per kg

Homebrand Tuna In Oil 425g * buy homebrand tuna in oil 425g online at woolworths.com.au

I feed it to the dog sometimes, cheaper then canned dog food. Heaps cheaper then cat food

Edit the link says oil, but I was looking at the springwater one. In oil is the same price, there is your essential fats and some extra cals to boot.

Looking for a tin in the cupboard but can't find one but from memory the 420g is total including spring water. You end up with like half actual tuna.

I actually crunched the numbers on this and milk @ $1/litre is actually cheaper then buying milk powder. You get more cals and protein per $ buying it as milk.

Using woolies prices, dunno if you can get super cheap powder milk from Aldi or something???

i was more thinking, 100g of milk powder is 496 cals 26P, 27F and 38C

Have that twice a day

pound for pound it must be cheaper? but then again its dried up milk so maybe you pay for the extra processing over fresh milk.

MyFitnesspal tells me the homebrand 425g tuna in spring water is only 272g of actual tuna.

I was the one who put that entry in :p

To OP: you are going to need some more dosh mate. I'm a tight ass and even on cutting macros I spend about $100/week on food. About $30 on veggies, $50 on meats, $20 miscellaneous shiznit

I was the one who put that entry in :p

To OP: you are going to need some more dosh mate. I'm a tight ass and even on cutting macros I spend about $100/week on food. About $30 on veggies, $50 on meats, $20 miscellaneous shiznit

So now we know who to blame if its wrong. Lol.

I only work part time getting roughly 20 hours a week depending on the hours available. I save as much as I can but with gym memberships, car loans, phone bills, petrol being shit prices. Thankfully I still live with my parents but due to the challenge I need to eat differently to them so I need to get my own food. (not very supportive with me doing the challenge :( )
Hoping to get my tax soon to cover the supplements and help with my food. But cheers everyone for the advice.

I only work part time getting roughly 20 hours a week depending on the hours available. I save as much as I can but with gym memberships, car loans, phone bills, petrol being shit prices. Thankfully I still live with my parents but due to the challenge I need to eat differently to them so I need to get my own food. (not very supportive with me doing the challenge :( )
Hoping to get my tax soon to cover the supplements and help with my food. But cheers everyone for the advice.

So basically you are doing what a lot of young blokes are doing, spending more than you earn.

May be look at cheaper gym memberships, cheaper car, walking more instead of driving, public transport instead of car loan or a cheaper car or bike, prepaid on a cheap phone rather than the latest igadget or similar, pretty sure you could trim plenty of cash off your expenses, 20 hrs a week and living at home should give you heaps of cash.

Is it a prerequisite that you eat what Max's tells you to eat?

You eat what you want to eat, I believe you just have to use at least one of their supplements.... easy, just buy some protein bars, or protein powder from them.

You eat what you want to eat, I believe you just have to use at least one of their supplements.... easy, just buy some protein bars, or protein powder from them.

Thats what I thought. It sounds as though he's trying to eat from their meal plans though, thus not being able to eat what his parents cook. Seriously just get one product and start eating. I'm not even sure if they acknowledge calories..its just eat this, then eat that.

Currently working out a budget. The basics milk, eggs and bread are covered. Working within the Coles company i get discount so that helps. More just need to work a budget so i can prepare lunch and dinner where i can get enough protein and carbs into me, It doesn't help that within 30 minutes of eating i can feel myself getting hungry again. I'm starting to get on top of things now. Thanks heaps everyone for the advice.

I would suggest you review your spending and see if you can release any more money. Personal car loans are never a good idea.