• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Brands tested so far

Rather than make a new thread I am just going to post this here. I'm curious to see the result of more unflavoured stuff.

Using Bulk Nutrients test kit
No Bull Supplements WPC unflavoured.
Ordered April 2013, Batch J030431
Status - Good

Last edited:
to make it easy to look at, have put them in a table.. only the brands which have tested bad and good..

goes back a long way..

attachment.php

Attachments

• protein-table.jpg
    protein-table.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Just tested 2 No Bull WPI.

Choc coconut expiry - 28-6-14
Banana - expiry 23-7-14

They seem to be the goods. Very black colour, followed directions exactly.

and just for the hell of it, My wifes Fernwood "Keep it lean High protein Formula"
69% WPC/WPI. Per 100g: 56g protein, 10.4g carb.

See results below
P1010273_zps48aa6267.jpg

P1010274_zpsd8f747b4.jpg

P1010276_zps634743ec.jpg

That's good to hear - if others can post there tests of newer NB WPI batches that'd be highly appreciated!

I have tested Fitbodies Australia WPI, Banana, expiry date June 2014.
The results are not good. I would appreciate if anyone has any suggestions about the best way to proceed in getting a refund.

xW2zoPO.jpg

ge4XbzQh.jpg

zJnZHzMh.jpg

sDOo21Sh.jpg

i7UjfASh.jpg

E3Lawzxh.jpg

U5XPmfph.jpg

v8TNzTHh.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Frankiefiver,

Firstly make sure that they specifically state they are selling a pure WPI or WPC.
A light brown or orange colour won't automatically mean "fake" it only means its picked up high levels of carbohydrates.

Do they state this product as being a mix of Whey and carbs?

If this was supposed to be a pure WPI / WPC then that's a shame.

Email us on proteintestingkit@bulknutrients.com.au for advice.

Hi Bulk Nutrients

I have emailed you the results. I have also edited my post to show the advertised nutritional content of the product. As you can see the results do not correspond with the information provided. This image is taken directly from the ebay listing from which I bought the product. I have contacted the seller via ebay, requesting a full refund and a response within 7 days. If I do not receive a response within this time I will make a complaint to the ACCC. Thank you for providing the test kit!

Cheers

Hi Bulk Nutrients

I have emailed you the results. I have also edited my post to show the advertised nutritional content of the product. As you can see the results do not correspond with the information provided. This image is taken directly from the ebay listing from which I bought the product. I have contacted the seller via ebay, requesting a full refund and a response within 7 days. If I do not receive a response within this time I will make a complaint to the ACCC. Thank you for providing the test kit!

Cheers

No surprises there this company popped up a while back selling 100% chocolate wpi for $16 a kg delivered. I didn't need a testing kit to know that stuff wasn't legit they came out with all the pretty labeling so thought me have improved there products, perhaps not.

Also because its under the ebay banner maybe worth complaining to them especially if you get there stuff tested by a lab. Just looked at there page 4kg of casein for $57.70 inc delivery. they are still selling flavoured wpi for $18 a kg delivered..... Thats actually a joke.

@frankiefiver

Not good seeing another company fail. Did you accurately measure the amount you tested? I'm not sure if it's just the angle but it looks like it might be a fair bit more than one gram. This would increase the overall amount of carbs in the solution giving a stronger reaction.

Ugh the nutritional info is done American-style with only the per-serving amounts.

Dividing the labelled carbs by the 29g serving size should equal around 0.05g of carb per gram unless I've done that wrong. This should definitely be a black result. We need about two or three times that to get a yellow result, which could happen if you added significantly more than 1g to the 10ml+water Benedict solution.

In fact that might be an interesting test to do, take a powder that tests black and add enough to reach around 0.2g carbs and see if it goes yellow. If so this could be a very easy mistake to make if people don't own micro scales, especially as powder density and teaspoon sizes are so variable

@frankiefiver

Not good seeing another company fail. Did you accurately measure the amount you tested? I'm not sure if it's just the angle but it looks like it might be a fair bit more than one gram. This would increase the overall amount of carbs in the solution giving a stronger reaction.

Ugh the nutritional info is done American-style with only the per-serving amounts.

Dividing the labelled carbs by the 29g serving size should equal around 0.05g of carb per gram unless I've done that wrong. This should definitely be a black result. We need about two or three times that to get a yellow result, which could happen if you added significantly more than 1g to the 10ml+water Benedict solution.

In fact that might be an interesting test to do, take a powder that tests black and add enough to reach around 0.2g carbs and see if it goes yellow. If so this could be a very easy mistake to make if people don't own micro scales, especially as powder density and teaspoon sizes are so variable

Not even done with your eyes closed and misdosed could you end up with a colour change that severe from a PURE WPI.

We deliberately added 200mg of dextrose to our WPI in our video (which by the way is 20%!! carbohydrates) to 80% of our WPI and the colour change was still not quite even light brown yet, still holding a darker, closer to black colour change.

Again, that's with 20% dextrose to 80% WPI.

There is no explanation for a colour change THAT orange other than high levels of carbohydrates where a WPI is in question here.

The video again: The good, the bad, and the ugly