• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Basics of clean Bulking

1ightNtangy

Hi guys,
been weight training for about 2yrs now but haven't taken it seriously until recently my training has been up to scratch but my dieting is very poor im currently 75kg, 5'7 and around 20-25% bf i hoping to lose fat and gain muscle what foods should i eat and try avoid eating? my friend helped my out my working out my protein and cal intake which is around 2700cal. and 170g of protein
any help will be appreciated,
Cheers guys :)

Hit 89odd gm of good fats. Fill the rest with carbs. Eat mostly good foods, but dont be afraid to eat what you want...just be sure to fit it in your macro targets.

Tim.

Hit 89odd gm of good fats. Fill the rest with carbs. Eat mostly good foods, but dont be afraid to eat what you want...just be sure to fit it in your macro targets.

Tim.

cheers tim what good fats are there? only fish comes to mind?
thanks

Yeah all those.
Hot tip, avocado is awesome with tuna. And adds an easy 200+ cals if you eat the whole thing like I tend to do haha.

Tim.

Clean bulking is bulking without getting to fat. If you are getting too fat eat less.

At 20-25% BF you have probably done enough bulking as it is. Maintenance or slight deficit is probably a better option for a while.

I think if you are seeing more than 1.5-2kg a month in gains, you're doing it too quickly.

Otherwise, tren hard (to make it more likely that your gains are muscle).

Hi guys,
been weight training for about 2yrs now but haven't taken it seriously until recently my training has been up to scratch but my dieting is very poor im currently 75kg, 5'7 and around 20-25% bf i hoping to lose fat and gain muscle what foods should i eat and try avoid eating? my friend helped my out my working out my protein and cal intake which is around 2700cal. and 170g of protein
any help will be appreciated,
Cheers guys :)

Mate you need to put on some muscle, at your height 75kg is very light and you still have 20-25% body fat??

20-25% means diet - calorie deficit or maintenance - unless your muscle mass is so low you're risking your health, or you dont give a @$# about the way you look.

Keep your protein high and eat food that doesn't have a lot of calories per unit volume so you can eat below maintenance without feeling starving all the time.

If the BF% estimate is accurate, I'd be cutting first. Nutrient partitioning is not going to be favourable even with a small surplus starting from 20-25%.

thanks for the reply guys when bulking i struggle to hit my carb but have enough fats is that ok?

Last edited:
Explain how you struggle to hit your carbs. I didn't know that could possibly be a problem for anyone.

Explain how you struggle to hit your carbs. I didn't know that could possibly be a problem for anyone.

They day i struggle to hit carbs il probably be stone cold in a morgue, even then i hope im swimming in the land of hot chips with extra chicken salt and bathing in mash potatoes.

it can very easily be a problem if you have a food intolerance that is carb related.

welcome to my hell. I'm rapt when I hit or overshoot my carb quota without feeling sick.

But there are so many different good tasting sources of carbs.

yep and I make good use of all the ones I can have, as much as I can have!

But even the ones i can have ... if i go past a certain limit (always testing the boundary btw), it can backfire. sometimes it is just the pure sugar load in your system that can do it.

too much of low fructose/fructan foods can add up to just enough to make you sick for 3 days.

so you ration them to enjoy every day. optimal.

so yay for potato and rice.