• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
wheat and gluten are supposed to be part of the problem with some versions of MS.

Don't know how good the science behind it is but my brother with MS, has avoid wheat ,gluten and legumes.

I am no expert, but wheat seems to cause a lot of issues for some people.

Wheat is also poisonous for obvious reasons, as it does not want to be consumed, so it can grow a new plant.

Wheat is also poisonous for obvious reasons, as it does not want to be consumed, so it can grow a new plant.

Pretty sure cows, chickens, lambs and pigs dont want to be consumed either so they can live a long and happy life. :p

Sorry being a smart ass.

I'm neither here nor there with wheat and carbs in general. I did the LCHF and Paleo thing and they have merit. I especially like the non processed foods ideology of Paleo which makes a lot of sense to me but can be applied to any diet.

I think eating moderately has a much bigger impact on health than any specific diet and in that regard, it is extremely easy to overeat wheat and its by products.

Of course if people moved more this probably wouldnt be such an issue.

Pretty sure cows, chickens, lambs and pigs dont want to be consumed either so they can live a long and happy life. :p

Sorry being a smart ass.

I'm neither here nor there with wheat and carbs in general. I did the LCHF and Paleo thing and they have merit. I especially like the non processed foods ideology of Paleo which makes a lot of sense to me but can be applied to any diet.

I think eating moderately has a much bigger impact on health than any specific diet and in that regard, it is extremely easy to overeat wheat and its by products.

Of course if people moved more this probably wouldnt be such an issue.

Cows, chickens, lambs and pigs deal with not wanting to be consumed by running away (trying to anyway), while wheat (and other grains) deal with it by being poisonous to eat.

People moving more does not make wheat any any less poisonous, it just burns excess calories and speeds up metabolism. One does not relate to the other.

I try and limit my intake of wheat and grains as much as possible for that reason, but I am not fanatical about it, moderation is the key, but no need to fill up on whole grain bread, pasta etc etc on a regular basis.

It's what you do 90% of the time is what matters IMO.

Cows, chickens, lambs and pigs deal with not wanting to be consumed by running away (trying to anyway), while wheat (and other grains) deal with it by being poisonous to eat.

People moving more does not make wheat any any less poisonous, it just burns excess calories and speeds up metabolism. One does not relate to the other.

I try and limit my intake of wheat and grains as much as possible for that reason, but I am not fanatical about it, moderation is the key, but no need to fill up on whole grain bread, pasta etc etc on a regular basis.

It's what you do 90% of the time is what matters IMO.

Wouldn't that mean every plant is poisonous to eat.....

Wheat is not poisonous, a small portion of the population is allergic to it (and others intolerant to a certain extent), much like most foods. People think dropping wheat is the magical cure for them, but it's usually because they drop processed foods and crap, and start eating unprocessed foods.

Was about to post the exact same thing.

Then what about cows and other animals we eat and eating those supposed poisonous plants and passing those supposed poisons onto us when we eat them.

Therefore all food is a poison.

Wheat is not poisonous, a small portion of the population is allergic to it (and others intolerant to a certain extent), much like most foods. People think dropping wheat is the magical cure for them, but it's usually because they drop processed foods and crap, and start eating unprocessed foods.

Al lot of plants are poisonous, others are spikey, others are indigestible, etc etc.

Potatoes are highly poisonous unless cooked, cucumber skin is poisonous, wheat flour is poisonous unless processed further, mushrooms are poisonous, apple seeds are poisonous and indigestible.

Then other plants rely on being eaten to spread the seeds, everything is different, just because one plant is poisonous does not make every plant poisonous, however does not change the fact that one plant is poisonous.

My thoughts are, if you can eat something without any adverse effects, then keep eating it.
Pretty simple.

If one is bloated, farting lumps and or feeling generally off after a night of downing a bowl of pasta, then there might be an issue?

I never peel cucumber, I dont avoid wheat (or any grains) and I have been known to eat the seeds of an apple many times.

AM I GOING TO DIE?!?!?!

I am no expert, but wheat seems to cause a lot of issues for some people.

Haha, found it BM!!!! ;)