• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Medication and Pre Workout Supplements

uppon2

I bought my first pre workout recently (Cellucor C4)

First of all I am currently taking anti depressants "Effexor XR (Venlafaxine)" and also reflux medication called "Somac"

I am not sure if my medication is rejecting any of the ingredients or if it is just me but after 2 scoops (1 did the same thing but not as bad) all I feel is lethargic and I lose a lot of my strength. My legs and arms feel weaker and the joints don't feel like they can support as much as they do. I can't even finish 5 out of my 8 reps at my work weight (has never happened to me before) my mind is focused and I feel determined, but my body is limp and feels exhausted.

My warm ups were perfect and I don't feel this way until the PWO kicks in! I know 100% that it is the cause as it has happened each time I have taken it now.

Any ideas guys?

I bought my first pre workout recently (Cellucor C4)

First of all I am currently taking anti depressants "Effexor XR (Venlafaxine)" and also reflux medication called "Somac"

I am not sure if my medication is rejecting any of the ingredients or if it is just me but after 2 scoops (1 did the same thing but not as bad) all I feel is lethargic and I lose a lot of my strength. My legs and arms feel weaker and the joints don't feel like they can support as much as they do. I can't even finish 5 out of my 8 reps at my work weight (has never happened to me before) my mind is focused and I feel determined, but my body is limp and feels exhausted.

My warm ups were perfect and I don't feel this way until the PWO kicks in! I know 100% that it is the cause as it has happened each time I have taken it now.

Any ideas guys?

At 0231 you posted?! What're you doin up so early? Does the anti-depressant not work similarly to a pickup kind of drug?

I needed Somac for a short while, a very common side effect of it is weakness and tiredness. How long have you been on it?

There might be some kind of antagonism happening between your medications and your PWO. Is this the first time you experienced such symptoms while taking both drugs? If you're not considering going to a doctor as of now, it might help you if you search a little about the side effects of your PWO and its contraindications.

I have been on both medications for over 2 years now and never experienced this.

I have stopped taking the PWO obviously but I was curious to see if it was just a stim or if anyone else had this reaction

Thanks guys