• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

lumbar advice needed.

I feel incompaticated. Will a dr give me a few weeks off on work cover?

Fuck yeah and if your in pain you should get a couple weeks off. The try and force you back to work cause under 3 days off there is no reporting to work cover and their premium doesn't go up. Don't let them bully you into "light" duties. Its only for their benefit.

Fuck yeah and if your in pain you should get a couple weeks off. The try and force you back to work cause under 3 days off there is no reporting to work cover and their premium doesn't go up. Don't let them bully you into "light" duties. Its only for their benefit.

Will my Dr have work cover paper work? How do I get it rolling? I don't know where to start

Just tell him your in pain 24/7, which you are right? Don't bullshit but don't play the hard **** either.

Yea man I got degernitive wear and a bulge disc. I can't even pick up my own kid bro. I really feel shit I struggled to sleep last few months. Plus the job I'm on now are big boxes around waist height I gotta take shit out of. It doesn't allow me to get in correct lifting technique. My back is being used as a lumbar it doesn't help with the injury I all ready astained bro. I will try get oxycoden. Normal coden don't work

Yea man I got degernitive wear and a bulge disc. I can't even pick up my own kid bro. I really feel shit I struggled to sleep last few months. Plus the job I'm on now are big boxes around waist height I gotta take shit out of. It doesn't allow me to get in correct lifting technique. My back is being used as a lumbar it doesn't help with the injury I all ready astained bro. I will try get oxycoden. Normal coden don't work

oxycontin is very addictive. Id avoid it. Maybe ask your doc for endone, it will numb everything, but helped me in my first weeks after the op. You can come off it easy enough too. Are you taking valiums to sleep? My surgeon said its the best for backs as its a muscle relaxant. They helped me too. My wife is onto your report too btw

Will my Dr have work cover paper work? How do I get it rolling? I don't know where to start

Make sure your work know what you are doing/intend to do, as some company policies may have this as grounds to refuse acceptance of claim.

I feel incompaticated. Will a dr give me a few weeks off on work cover?

Your doctor has to give you restrictions to enable light duties, and your work place is required by law to offer light duties fitting your medical restrictions.
If he gives you complete "unfit" then you should really have a workplace representative with you when you go.

Make sure your work know what you are doing/intend to do, as some company policies may have this as grounds to refuse acceptance of claim.

Thats not true they can have an internal policy but this gives them absolutely zero grounds to refuse a claim, only grounds to refuse a claim is if you are caught lying, the onus is on them to prove this, NOT on you to prove your innocence.

<insert big generic grocery store name> have brainwashed you into believing their internal policy is binding, it isn't.

Your doctor has to give you restrictions to enable light duties, and your work place is required by law to offer light duties fitting your medical restrictions.
If he gives you complete "unfit" then you should really have a workplace representative with you when you go.

My Dr said I am fine to continue my duty to full capacity and will certify I only need physio to help relive/strenghn the existing problem.

My Dr said I am fine to continue my duty to full capacity and will certify I only need physio to help relive/strenghn the existing problem.

Blow that... If it really is that bad (and it obviously is) - I'm sure there must be a way to get another more independent opinion?

Will these ****s try follow me? Like going gym ect? Coz im not asking light duties just physio can put a fraud claim in just coz im still going gym? It's bs If they try to say we are paying physio u can't excise. Exercise is healthy for my mind and back.

They can accept provisional liability which pays for physio until a claim is granted.
I really dont think you should be at full capacity, there should be some lifting restrictions in place until physio works its magic, especially if you encounter lifting heavy weight from below knee height or twisting of the back.

Thats not true they can have an internal policy but this gives them absolutely zero grounds to refuse a claim, only grounds to refuse a claim is if you are caught lying, the onus is on them to prove this, NOT on you to prove your innocence.

<insert big generic grocery store name> have brainwashed you into believing their internal policy is binding, it isn't.

Wrong. Self insurance has guidelines to follow and staff are made well aware of its policies. I have seen many claims rejected or only medical expenses granted, where no wages are paid for lost time.

Yea but if I take light duties then they se me at gym im gone. No matter how sore I am I can't give up gym. No gym =no gains=depression

Yea but if I take light duties then they se me at gym im gone. No matter how sore I am I can't give up gym. No gym =no gains=depression

Tell them you are doing prescribed rehab exercises. They wont follow you into the gym

Wrong. Self insurance has guidelines to follow and staff are made well aware of its policies. I have seen many claims rejected or only medical expenses granted, where no wages are paid for lost time.

Sorry I re-read what you said if you are deemed fit to return to light duties and you don't yeah they don't have to pay the lost time.

I would be very suprised if they denied leave if you had a certificate from your own Dr.

Tell them you are doing prescribed rehab exercises. They wont follow you into the gym

Interesting story. Mate of mine went for compo for a court case where he was hit by a car, in the pre court mediation they presented him with all these pictures of his brother working out, surfing doing all this active shit. They lived together and the PI had been following the wrong bloke. Totally threw them when they pulled the trump card and he pissed himself laughing.