• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

NBS WPI taste/mixability review

Mitch86

My order of 2kg WPI (1kg x Choc-mint, 1kg x Choc-peanut), and 1kg Creatine just arrived so still early days though I will update this as I confirm/redact my info.
I've only had two servings of the Choc-mint so far.

Delivery: I ordered on a Sunday afternoon and the products arrived Wednesday.

Packaging: The zip-lock on these packets is pretty rubbish so I'll probably just dump the whole thing into an empty bottle. The creatine packet wasn't zip-lock sealed before heat-sealing the edge so when I tore it open as directed I spilled it -_-

Choc-mint
After three servings myself and two mates having a serving each I can confirm this powder (not saying it's the protein specifically) is making us sick and lightheaded within 10mins of consuming it. I've contacted NBS and am awaiting a response.
Taste: 6/10 - I'd probably call this flavour Choc-Vicks Vapor Drops over Choc-Mint, it's not a bad taste, but it's nothing like say a Mint Slice-type flavour. In fact I can't even really taste the Choc as I'm drinking it now.

Mixability: 10/10 - Took two scoops in 400ml of water (serving suggests one scoop in 200ml of milk) using a standard mixing ball shaker. At first it had white 'bits' all through it that even after a solid minute or so of shaking wouldn't dissolve. Five minutes or so after that they were all gone without any shaking so I can only guess it's a dissolve-over-time thing as opposed forcibly dissolving it with shaking (though it may have sped it up had I have persisted). Smooth now.

Choc-peanut
*Edit*
Taste: 4/10 - Jumped the gun, this tastes horrible, pretty much boiled peanut water. (OLD)This isn't what I was expecting but I like it anyway. It's not a sweet taste. I was expecting like, a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or something but it's pretty much bang on chocolate covered roasted peanut. Nice, but definitely something you need to like first.(OLD)

Mixability: 10/10 - Pretty much the same as the choc-mint. Had white 'bits' at first even through shaking but they dissolved in time.

Creatine Monohydrate
Mixability: 10/10 - No sediment like some others, mixed instantly with a couple shakes.

Last edited:
Intersting review there.

I would be concerned about creatine dissolving, as generally it does not really dissolve, just gets suspended and then sinks to the bottom again:confused:

I'm not saying it was the choc-mint but for hours after having that shake I was lightheaded and felt sick. I may have eaten something else bad but nothing was new in my diet aside from the shake.

Regarding the creatine @Big Mick, I've never had creatine like this before. I've only ever had micronised and Con-cret. This texture is almost identical to icing sugar. Very fine. Is that odd?

Last edited:
My creatine has always been fine. I buy it from Bulk Nutrients. Have also had Max's creatine and was also fine powder.

So not sure. I generally just eat mine and wash it down no need to dissolve it. Makes no difference.

Okie doke, so. I gave one serve of chocmint to another guy at work who's had it before and it apparently tastes nothing like his last batch. Within thirty mins of this consuming the powder he also felt stomach sick and was lightheaded.

Can someone notify nobull to this review? I'm going to give some to a couple other mates and see if they feel the same.

Okie doke, so. I gave one serve of chocmint to another guy at work who's had it before and it apparently tastes nothing like his last batch. Within thirty mins of this consuming the powder he also felt stomach sick and was lightheaded.

Can someone notify nobull to this review? I'm going to give some to a couple other mates and see if they feel the same.
[MENTION=8368]nobullsupplements[/MENTION];

Thanks Shrek.

Just had my second serve of the chocmint and same again. Feel like I'm going to spew and am dizzyish.

Last edited:
I'd still like to hear what NBS have to say about this. Is there anyway for me to have it tested for what the ingredients are?

Third serve now and same feeling. Instant light headedness. I'm confident in saying that it's the chocmint powder. I doubt it's the protein so whatever the flavouring is is doing this.

I'd suggest you should stop taking it and get in touch with them..

Yeah this was my last. I just needed to confirm that it wasn't something else I'd eaten or overworked during the prior gym session. Didn't want to give them a bad review based on so little info.

Had a reply from NBS today asking to me to return the Chocmint WPI to them in exchange for a refund. They'll test the powder out.

On a side note, well into the Chocpeanut and can safely say it's gross. Not a drop of Choc in there. Dunno who was manning the mixer that day but I'm pretty sure he went full retard on this batch.

There's zero chocolate flavour and really it tastes just like boiled peanut water.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/foodspotting-ec2/reviews/3559275/thumb_600.jpg?1368718996

I'll persevere though, don't want to waste $80.

Update

The powder is being returned to the whey manufacturer as there can be nothing wrong with the synthetic flavouring/sweetener NBS use.

Update

The powder is being returned to the whey manufacturer as there can be nothing wrong with the synthetic flavouring/sweetener NBS use.
So it's the manufacturers fault..right..?????????????

Where the Quality assurance?

So it's the manufacturers fault..right..?????????????

Where the Quality assurance?

I was hoping someone would catch that. Honestly I'm just worried that this powder is going to return to NBS shopfront and go straight into the bin as opposed to being honestly tested and before I read all these scaremongering threads I'd have believed it too. Time shall tell, I've asked that I see the test results.