• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fish oil supplements increase prostate cancer risk, says study

So do the major fish countries have prostrate problems? ie Japan?
not sure baby. But apparently its the Omega 3 which is the problem. The Eskimos whose diet is high in Omega-3 have a high incidence of tumour growth and related death.

High Omega-3 equals tumour growth it looks like.

I don't believe that 'study'. If that's true my father would be suffering from prostate cancer by now.

Fuck me, everything these days can give you cancer. Studies will always find a way to manipulate the data in their favour.

Fuck me, everything these days can give you cancer. Studies will always find a way to manipulate the data in their favour.

What makes you say anything is manipulated in anyones favour in this case?? Who is this going to favour??

I find this funny, fish oil being popular among bodybuilders and lifters how people will look for anything to discredit a study that doesn't show it being anything but beneficial. If the study said it protected against prostate cancer everyone would be all over this praising fish oil without questioning anything.

if you understood the peer review system you wouldknow you cant manipulate data when you make this kind of claim. it woukd be easily picked up.

I don't believe that 'study'. If that's true my father would be suffering from prostate cancer by now.
lmao
sample size of 1, Peer Reviewed? etc etc etc.

What does your S.O. think? Forget that!

What makes you say anything is manipulated in anyones favour in this case?? Who is this going to favour??

I find this funny, fish oil being popular among bodybuilders and lifters how people will look for anything to discredit a study that doesn't show it being anything but beneficial. If the study said it protected against prostate cancer everyone would be all over this praising fish oil without questioning anything.

No extra risk for me, I have tried fish oil but it gives me the splatters.
Not sure why I said it could be manipulated, just an empty and useless comment.
I just read the whole paper and the research was interesting, confusing, but interesting.

Here's something ...

Experts Slam Omega-3 link to Prostate Cancer as Overblown Scaremongering:

Experts slam omega-3 link to prostate cancer as 'scaremongering'

Yeah well anyone who has minimal knowledge about research knows that observational studies like this don't 100% prove anything. But they can give indications of possible links and areas which need more research.

One study like this doesn't prove the link at all. If people want to keep taking your fish oil tablets I wouldn't be worried but I would be easing up on those mega dose recommendations of fish oil that some people do.

One study like this doesn't prove the link at all. If people want to keep taking your fish oil tablets I wouldn't be worried but I would be easing up on those mega dose recommendations of fish oil that some people do.

Mega doses of anything are usually a bad idea, except in extreme cases of serious deficiency...and even then, in a very controlled management plan.

Mega doses of anything are usually a bad idea, except in extreme cases of serious deficiency...and even then, in a very controlled management plan.

Agree. Don't hear as much of it now but 20-40 tablet a day recommendations for fish oil were common on the lifting forums and by some of the so called experts.

I think some "experts" were saying something like keep increasing fish oil until you are shitting basically a fish oil slick then back it off a bit.

Lol. How anyone can think that is a good or safe recommendation has me stuffed.

Agree. Don't hear as much of it now but 20-40 tablet a day recommendations for fish oil were common on the lifting forums and by some of the so called experts.

I think some "experts" were saying something like keep increasing fish oil until you are shitting basically a fish oil slick then back it off a bit.

Lol. How anyone can think that is a good or safe recommendation has me stuffed.

I think to be able to breathe in oxygen, you should have to memorise, and understand the dose response curve. Would save a lot of my face beating on my desk.

While the debate rages can I just remind everyone of the importance of a healthy Prostate. One of the best ways to maintain a healthy Prostate is with daily Prostate Massage, usually administered by your partner (or S.O.) Doctors highly recommend this.

ProstateExamDiagramNoTITLE_600.jpg

http://www.prostate-massage-and-health.com/

Perhaps it is something you should discuss with your partner (or S.O.) over tea tonight.

........... because I care!

Last edited: