• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

when can you call yourself a bodybuilding/weightlifter/powerlifter

I'm no body builder. I want to be one day and maybe I will get there and maybe I won't but I am a weight lifter as that's what i do.

A physical culturalist
Yeah, this. :p

Physical culture, that's my thing. :cool:

Fucked if I know. I don't call myself anything. I just lift stuff, and like the process of getting stronger, and bigger.

Seems to me the only people who should call themselves powerlifters are the ones competing. But again, I don't know for sure. Bodybuilders? Meh. For all I care, anyone could call themselves that. Building your body? Right-o then. :)

He competed. And won his class.

Certified bodybuilder now?

500411-hamish-bodybuilding.jpg

technically yes IMO.

He just took the shortcut way of becoming one :p

technically yes IMO.

He just took the shortcut way of becoming one :p

Yep. Still could call himself a bodybuilder at that point if he wanted, just a shit one.

Just like some hack that never trains playing 2s footy in some shit country league. He is still a footy player just not a very good one.

Last edited: