• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you pick a PT

Just a thought, if you find someone who is a PT and also a registered Strength & Conditioning Coach through ASCA (as opposed to a PT who only holds a Cert 4 in Fitness) you may get someone better suited to your needs.

I'm cert 4, level 1 strength and conditioning, level 1 Olympic Lifting and sport power coach and level 1 crossfit, I wouldn't have a clue about training a bodybuilder. As others have said, you're probably not exactly looking for a PT. Good luck with it

Maybe I chose the wrong term 'PT'...

Maybe coach would have been a better word. Sorry! Still learning the ropes!

What I'm always looking for a mentor is a combination of education and experience. That two should come together because experience is the application of what he learned from his education. SO basically you would want to look for someone who had gotten a good education as a PT and had competed or coached someone in a competition because his previous experiences could be of great help to you.

If you want to compete you'll find many of the competitors are also PT's, coaches etc. The best thing to do is go to a comp, and ask around or contact IFBB. Go straight to the horses mouth.

Look for a; squatologist.

Ask them to show how they squat.

If they can squat deep for reps with bodyweight hire them.

This^^^^

The squat is a basic fundamental in all things lifting... Full Rom Body weight squatting is hardly an advanced achievement... Should form the main cornerstone of all programs..

I find it disappointing that there are numerous certifications floating around... And the Kunce can't squat to save there life...

I'd want much more than for a potential coach to just squat their body weight.

Go to comps, find a coach.