• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powertec style safeties for Force rack?

oldcorollas

重量上げしね&#
Powertec-Spotter-Bar-Image.jpg

can I buy them anywhere?
has anyone made some or had some made?

squat and bench safety height is 3 holes different, and that screechy metal on metal sound when swapping them is already annoying me... :D

hmm, end bits could be made from 75mm SHS with 5mm wall thickness (uprights are roughly 61mm), or bent up. cross bits 50 or 65mm SHS 3-4mm thickness..

easier to buy if available tho :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Max from Toronto Barbell used to make stuff like that, so does Rock Solid Fitness. They'll charge you an arm and a leg for it though.

You could also buy some sling brackets from iron edge at $240.

You could get a plain 1" steel rod from bunnings, though that would cost an arm and a leg too.

My mate bent his powertec bars. I know his lifts aren't the biggest but his squat is about 200kg.

Have you thought about getting some suspensions straps instead? - you can make them quite cheaply with heavy duty chain and towing rope / axle straps

I have the same rack as you and my pin spot is 2 rungs different. I HATE that sound and I am thinking about getting the straps for my squat and leaving the safety bars in spot for bench. The straps are rated extremely high so you won't need to worry about them snapping EVER. You can have them mounted from the pin hole the same way as the regular safety bars and just use a smaller length or you can have them hanging from higher. You could also use them for other exercises ;)

Last edited:
My mate bent his powertec bars. I know his lifts aren't the biggest but his squat is about 200kg.

How did he bend them? That's insane!

Unless you are talking the old saber style rods? The same as on the Force USA / Muscle motion cages?

Did you see the video iron edge did with their slings? It catches the bar, but the bar bends like a mofo; then again maybe the powertec spotters would do that too.

http://youtu.be/K3ysUScIjZE

That vid is awesome haha! - No they are the ones as pictured! I'm not sure how they bent, but they are hammered though. I will get some pics of them :) - I am beginning to like straps more and more. Easier on the bar too

Last edited: